• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    i am lookin for a my next project and was thinking about a bmg50 on a budget. i can buy a single shot AR-15 lower because they have no mag well their solid alum and alot stronger. plus no wants one. then thinking about a bohica or tactlite upper chambered in bmg .50 bolt action that pens on a AR lower. i was pondering about them casue their not as heavy as like a Barrett 99. and i was wantin to shoot from the shoulder several times and not have to deal with the weight. might kick alittle harder but i can handle that. i want a tactical 50 not a bench gun.
    :wallbash:

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I've got a Bohica 50 upper and have had a good time with it. I consider it a "gateway" 50 because now I want another one. Mine shoots pretty well and my brother has shot it off hand but no way I'm tough enough to do that. It's got a 36" fluted barrel and doesn't really kick, it more pushes you back. Only shot it at mid range (600 yards) once and with Brazilian surplus it shot 1 MOA.

sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    what lower did u use on the bohica? and was it a reg or single shot lower? and did the upper come with a heavier firing pin spring or was that extra?

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Sorry for the delay, I use a standard lower with a heavy hammer spring for lighting up the old surplus 50 I've been shooting.

Top Bottom