• ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Good Lord.

We have truly become a nation of candy ass pansies.

I’m not a diabetic, but I’m also not going to just sit here and allow you to make such brazen anti-diabetes candy references. I demand you and your present/future offspring are fired and permanently deemed unemployable.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    British IC codes
    IC1 White - North European
    IC2 White - South European
    IC3 Black
    IC4 Asian
    IC5 Chinese, Japanese, or other South East Asian
    IC6 Arabic or North African
    IC9 Unknown

So, this IC2, IC3 and IC6 walk into a bar..........

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    British IC codes
    IC1 White - North European
    IC2 White - South European
    IC3 Black
    IC4 Asian
    IC5 Chinese, Japanese, or other South East Asian
    IC6 Arabic or North African
    IC9 Unknown

So, this IC2, IC3 and IC6 walk into a bar..........

I am offended that white is IC1 and 2.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    If I recall, the reference was concerning BLM members. I wasn't so much offended, as advising you that when using such descriptions when concerning Black people, you're argument would be lost to the obvious assumed inferences. I have never heard the saying "sharp as the big end of a watermelon," but I have countless times heard "sharp as a butter knife." If you had used the latter, your argument could stand on its merits, rather than injecting the question of if the watermelon reference was placed so, purposefully, due to the group being criticized.

There are a bunch of phrases and sayings that were popular in my youth that I no longer use and are inappropriate in todays culture. Was it ever ok to use them? :dunno: that was a different climate back then. I like to think we get wiser as we get older and the mistakes should be recognized but not all need to be held against us for eternity.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you cant play well with others then stay in your damn area and I'll stay in mine
    This forced integration bull **** is what's ****ing our society up. If.people dont want to bake a cake for your gay wedding, so ****ing what? Find someone else that will.
    I'm a very tolerant person but its when people try to push their beliefs on me OR ELSE, that I feel like an injured raccoon backed into a corner and the teeth and claws are coming out.
    If someone doesnt like me because I'm white ok as long as you arent threatening me with violence or the like. You have every right to not like me for whatever and I back at you.
    Words are ****ing words. This never changes.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If you cant play well with others then stay in your damn area and I'll stay in mine
    This forced integration bull **** is what's ****ing our society up. If.people dont want to bake a cake for your gay wedding, so ****ing what? Find someone else that will.
    I'm a very tolerant person but its when people try to push their beliefs on me OR ELSE, that I feel like an injured raccoon backed into a corner and the teeth and claws are coming out.
    If someone doesnt like me because I'm white ok as long as you arent threatening me with violence or the like. You have every right to not like me for whatever and I back at you.
    Words are ****ing words. This never changes.

Right on

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If I recall, the reference was concerning BLM members. I wasn't so much offended, as advising you that when using such descriptions when concerning Black people, you're argument would be lost to the obvious assumed inferences. I have never heard the saying "sharp as the big end of a watermelon," but I have countless times heard "sharp as a butter knife." If you had used the latter, your argument could stand on its merits, rather than injecting the question of if the watermelon reference was placed so, purposefully, due to the group being criticized.

Understood.
    I don't wish to go back down that road and rehash our difference in opinon on that subject. Just giving an example of how easily words can be taken out of context. Even when there were no ill intentions.

Now all this talk about watermelon, I think I will pick one up when I go grocery shopping this afternoon. At the risk of sounding inappropriate (with no ill intent, just my southern upbringing ) it will go well with my fried chcken and potato salad.

Dude, we'll bring the beer! Sounds like a party!!:rockwoot: Love's me some fried chicken!!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    How far we've come (fallen). Back in the early '60s, I bought a book of jokes published by MAD Magazine, was titled "Race Riots". It was nothing but racial jokes, divided into chapters by race. They had 'em all: Blacks (Negro back then), Jews, Irish, Polocks, Italians, Germans.... Never get printed today. My wife (same age) remembers seeing "Whites Only" and "Blacks Only" signs at drinking fountains and theater entrances in smaller Oklahoma towns during the same time period. The stories told by her grandparents would probably drive the current snowflakes into their safe space forever. The point is, you can't (or shouldn't) apply today's standards to actions from a different era.

Top Bottom