• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I wanted to give a shout out to Kimball at Bobcat Armament (formally "Bobcat Steel") for the very cool target stands that they make and sell.

These are "combo" type stands that can be used with a single vertical 2x4 for steel targets, or two vertical furrowing strips for cardboard USPSA/IDPA types of targets (18").

It is really a brilliant design, and they are very sturdy and well-made. They even incorporated a way to use furrowing strips to extend the "H" frame on the ground for more support in windy days (parallel to the ground). Just brilliant overall!!!

Here is a link to the stands on their page:

Bobcat Steel Bobcat Steel 2x4 Stand - Bobcat Armament

This may be old news to some, but this is the first time I have seen them. I couldn't resist temptation, and bought 5 of them!!!

The vertical boards fit quite snugly without drooping, and there is quite a bit of weight to the frame itself so they won't just blow over when a small wind comes along or when you hit the steel target. I love the fact that I can use *one* stand that covers both steel targets and cardboard USPSA targets.

You can order online and have them shipped, or go to his shop in Shelbyville and pick them up. Plus, they are an INGO sponsor!!! :D

They are also a full-service Dillon dealer and have tons of reloading supplies in stock, so if you go to Shelbyville to pick them up, there are no Hazmat charges.

Very pleased overall, thanks Kimball!!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There are two of this targets out at my place. I think I'll be ordering 4 more here before too long. I've bought reloading stuff from him too, he helped me get started.

Top Bottom