• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Well, ive wanted an Ed Brown Kobra Carry for a long time, but there is just no way I can spend that much on a 1911. SO, I noticed that Kimber has come out with a bobtail of their own, and wondered if anyone here has had any experience with one of these...

Kimber America | Super Carry Pro

or this one...

Kimber America | Super Carry Pro HD

I like the look of it, and ive never owned a Kimber. So just looking for some info. Thanks INGO!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    You would not go wrong with Kimber and I have had several bobtails. I really like the way a commander sized bobtail 1911 feels

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I like the S&W E-series. Check it out.

I just checked one of those out today. And I honestly REALLY like it alot. Possibly better than the Kimber. I havent been able to hold one of those Kimbers to know how it feels in the hand, but the E series bobtail feels great.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    silly question but do you own a commander? It is not hard to bobtail a frame I have done several and have a jig for it :)
    You do have to buy a different main spring housing

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    silly question but do you own a commander? It is not hard to bobtail a frame I have done several and have a jig for it :)
    You do have to buy a different main spring housing

No, I dont. I actually have never owned a 1911. Ive been wanting one for a very long time, and its about time to buy one. I do know that I want a bobtail though. I've heard of people doing it themselves, but have never seen or actually heard about the process of doing it. How much really goes into the process?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It is not to awful hard if you like to work with your hands and tools. a drill press and small grinder and a couple good files come in handy I can do Stainless frame in well under an hour (no paint required) Add to to refinish a steel frame.

here is a link to some crummy pics :) INGunOwners - AllenM's Album: Fusion Build - Picture

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    I suggest you look into a Older S&W 640 357 mag you cann't go wrong with a Wheel gun and they are a never Fail option,and the weight Loaded is almost the same,a +P HP will stop anything you will shooting at and you have the optio of shooting 38SP wad cutter'if you hand load just reverse the Lead and you can blow holes the size if a Nickle.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    It is not to awful hard if you like to work with your hands and tools. a drill press and small grinder and a couple good files come in handy I can do Stainless frame in well under an hour (no paint required) Add to to refinish a steel frame.

here is a link to some crummy pics :) INGunOwners - AllenM's Album: Fusion Build - Picture

Very very nice work my friend! The guns seriously look awesome!

I suggest you look into a Older S&W 640 357 mag you cann't go wrong with a Wheel gun and they are a never Fail option,and the weight Loaded is almost the same,a +P HP will stop anything you will shooting at and you have the optio of shooting 38SP wad cutter'if you hand load just reverse the Lead and you can blow holes the size if a Nickle.

No wheel guns for me. I have never been a fan of them. Im in the market for a 1911 only right now as far as pistols go.

Top Bottom