• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Body armor is bulky, it's heavy & it's hot, it's not something you'll enjoy wearing around just in case (unless you are working in a high-threat-level job).

That said I keep a level IIIA vest, in one of my bed's headboard cabinets simply because it's better to have it & not need it, than to need it and not have it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I get a kick out of noticing that guys that have to wear it, hate it, but guys that don't get to wear it, want to spend their own money to buy it.

mg_srt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    Actually looks like i am going to get a chance to buy some brand new armor through a budy of mine.. IIIA with the outer cover that has all the pockets for about 650.. price in the magazine was 950 plus tax, but he gets a pretty good discount!! I am not planning on wearing this all over town just would like to have it for the what if situations.. thanks for the help :)

pinshootrs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Make sure you can try on the same size and style you are ordering, if you are going to wear in under your clothes it needs to fit right or taking a bullet wont seem that bad.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    This stuf is HOT and very uncomfortable to wear
    believe Me once you get it and wear it 1 time You will not want to do it again esp on a hot summer day
    have had to wear it a lot and dont like it 1 little bit

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Exactly what would the "what if" situations be that you feel you need body armor?

You would be asking the OP to answer an unanswerable question. "What if?" Is an unknown future situation, that you can be prepared for or not.

I'm guessing that you were never in the boy scouts. Here is the boy scout motto for your digestion... "Be prepared".

glock 27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    elkhart
    armor

from a guy that wears it every day, and can`t wait to take it off, it blows my mind to think if you didn`t have to you would even want to.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    My point in asking that question was that if a situation happens and it is REALLY something you need to get involved in, it will probably be over before you get it on and that kind of defeats the purpose of carrying in the first place. Now if you want to walk around with it on all the time and sweat your nutz off.......feel free. I have to wear it for 12hrs a day and like others have said, I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear it if you didn't have too. :cheers:

I would have thought the answer to that question was obvious, to protect your vital organs from incoming fire.

Seriously??? I always wondered why I have to wear this crap all the time.

Top Bottom