• ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    My wife and Daughtes Hate my snubbies

I would get her some time behind one to see if she really likes it , they are one of the hardest guns to shoot accurately

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I carry a lightweight .38 snubby in my purse. It's a purely utilitarian defense firearm. I'm relegated to standard .38sp rounds; no +p options. And frankly, I wouldn't think anyone would want to. The lightweight nature of the firearm means one helluva muzzle flip. Recoil isn't that bad with .38s, but the +P might not be the same.

It's grip is small, even for my short fingers. And that particular fact means it's harder to maintain good control when it goes flying up. An inexperienced shooter or one who carries because it's the prudent option but doesn't necessarily enjoy carrying or shooting would probably not like it.

I don't like it. :D But I can tolerate it, and I'm willing to suffer the drawbacks for the benefit it conveys. Purse carry really limits the options in firearms, size and weight are difficult to overcome.

She definitely needs to be able to try it out. Despite the common refrain, snubbies are not necessarily ideal defensive firearms for newbies/women.

Top Bottom