• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    I just bought a new Bodyguard 380 and when I try to reinsert the magazine I have to depress the mag release button to get it to go in. I called my LGS where I bought it and he said his does the same thing, it's the way they are made. Does this sound right?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Mine do not require pushing in the magazine release button. Could be the lead in angle on the magazine catch needs a little polishing, but I would guess that after you have inserted the magazine a couple dozen times it will smooth itself out. If you shine a light up into the empty magazine well you will be able to see the magazine catch - you might look to see if it has a bit of flash or something on it.

Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    Another issue I have is when I load the mag, it does not want to go all the way in unless the slide is pulled back. Which makes it hard to load one in the chamber and then add one back into the magazine.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Might be worth it. I can't say as I have those problems, but both of mine have been used quite a bit and any issues with the magazine springs being tight, or the mag catch being a bit sharp have long since been eliminated, if they ever existed. I'd still be betting on tight springs, but better safe than sorry. You're not that far from me; if you wanted sometime to meet me around Exit 205 in Fishers, I could let you try one of my half dozen or so magazines to see if you can tell a difference.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Other forums have some really good write ups on the bg. We have a couple as well. Do a search here and on google. Mine does not require the mag release to be pushed. I did have problems with a mag easily bumped out if you hit the mag extension. The lgs replaced it and no problem.

Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    Thanks guys! I have 2 mags and they both do the same thing. I'm going to stop by LGS after work. I will let you know what they say. I know this is a quality gun so I wouldn't think it's anything major. Rockhopper, thanks for the offer! I will let you know if I need to try them.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    We own two bg's here and have no issues as you described. The only issue was with one of them when the laser quit about a month into ownership. Both bg's were bought new from LGS. Sent the laser unit to s&w per their instructions and received a replacement unit in about three weeks.

Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    All is good! I went back to LGS and the guy just gave it a couple of real hard smacks on the ass and that fixed the problem. LOL I was just afraid to do that for fear of breaking something.

Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    All is good! I went back to LGS and the guy just gave it a couple of real hard smacks on the ass and that fixed the problem. LOL I was just afraid to do that for fear of breaking something.

Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    Oh, as far as the mag not wanting to go all the way in, it does appear that is just due to tight springs like Rockhopper mentioned. As a matter of fact, after having one of the mags in it overnight, it is significantly better already. I guess I have a learning curve, this is my first brand new gun. All of my others are handed down or inherited so I never had to deal with break-in issues. Thanks for all of your input!

Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    I'm just lucky that way, I always get the products with strange issues! The main thing is that it wasn't really an issue at all. I love it and don't regret buying it at all!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    Recently aquired one for my wife. No issues similar to what you have described. I like it so well I tried to keep it. She wouldn't budge. I guess I will have to replace my LCP with one.

Landshark67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Anderson
    Haha! You just need to put your foot down, tell her who is boss and that you will keep it if you want! When you regain consciousness, go out and buy yourself one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    Haha! You just need to put your foot down, tell her who is boss and that you will keep it if you want! When you regain consciousness, go out and buy yourself one.
    Lol! Think I will skip the foolishness over who is boss and just admit that she is. I will still get my new gun and I won't have a headache to deal with.

rocker4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    SE
    I bought one a few weeks ago, The mag was kinda the same way, had to really smack it in, after working it a few times, it feels a lot better. like it snaps in the way it should

Top Bottom