• Total voters

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    LC9 all the way.

Both are basically about the same size, so why not go with the 9mm? Plus it holds an extra round over the Bodyguard.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I chose the LC9 because I prefer 9mm over .380.

I would sacrifice a slightly larger pistol for the 9mm cartridge. [This all depends on how you plan to carry. I don’t pocket carry.]

I also have found that 9mm is slightly easier to find in stock at retail then .380.

Last edited:

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I am thinking of getting one or the other. What do you guys think? They are both essentially the same price.

Of the two, I would choose the LC9. Note if I were in the market for a small 9MM pistol, I would choose a different gun but that is not the question you asked.

I like 9 MM over 380 because there are more options for carry ammo and it is usually (but not always) cheaper Plus, I already reload for 9 MM, which saves me money and time versus investing in new dies and changing over my press.

Either way, I think you will be pleased. Good luck!

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I chose the LC9 because I prefer 9mm over .380.

I would sacrifice a slightly larger pistol for the 9mm cartridge. [This all depends on how you plan to carry. I don’t pocket carry.]

I also have found that 9mm is slightly easier to find in stock at retail then .380.

This!

The 9mm is a better cartridge.Easier to find and cheaper.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I own them both and enjoy them both. I would say the BG is better for what it is. It's my absolute favorite pocket .380. The LC9 is also very nice but I like the ,cm9,pm9, kimber solo better. Also there is a significant size difference, my lc9 does not fit it my pocket but my BG does.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Of the two you listed, I would go with the LC9; but I just got a Kahr CM9 and it's awesome.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    If you need a gun that is super easy to carry, take the .380 Bodyguard (or Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT). You'll be better off with the .380 in your pocket than the 9mm that you leave at home.

Of course, if you're getting one for ****s and giggles, I'd get the LC9.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I own them both and enjoy them both. I would say the BG is better for what it is. It's my absolute favorite pocket .380. The LC9 is also very nice but I like the ,cm9,pm9, kimber solo better. Also there is a significant size difference, my lc9 does not fit it my pocket but my BG does.

I agree, I think they're different classes of guns. I have the LCP and carry it all the time because of the convenient size. I was excited to seet he LC9 and think it's a great gun, but to me, it still isn't a pocket gun. I am a big Ruger fan, so I voted that way, but just saying I agree the guns aren't a like per like comparison.

FCSD 23-18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    I have both the Body Guard .380 and the LC9, I like them both for off duty carry. I sometimes carry the BG on duty as a back up gun or when deep concealment is needed. That said if I needed to choose just one it would be the Body Guard, simply because I do not like some of the features the LC9 has such as the magazine disconnect and the loaded chamber indicator. The LCI on the Ruger is just obtrusive and very gody when it is loaded. These can be fixed very easily, IM me if you get the LC9 and Ill tell you how I did it.

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    I'd pick the LC9. With .380 ammo prices, which aren't getting any better, I'd choose the gun I could afford to keep up with the target practice on.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love that little S&W Bodyguard. That thing is just cool. Looks like it would easily fit in a pocket too and be totally hidden. I always hate those "Why do you have a gun" questions when I am out and about. I'll be on the lookout for a used one.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would at least take a look at the PF9. I'm have been very imprseed with mine. It's light, easy to conceal, and is accurate at combat ranges. I have shot the Body Guard, and it had a lot of felt recoil for a .380. In my opinion, just as much as my PF9, which is 9mm. After watching Full Auto's review of the LC9, I would be weary of buying one.

Top Bottom