• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Joe and Guy are personal friends and have been for years and years and years. I was just in there last week when his furnace was acting the fool.
    Good people. They are both very knowledgeable.
    Just looked at their website and it does look like a neat place. Wish they opened earlier. I'm over that way once a month for a doctor appointment but my appointment is usually at 8:30 and they don't open until 10.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Man I have to stop in there. I drive past it nearly every day. Never been. Hear nice things about them lately.

Haven't had a LGS that I called my own since Lengel's in Wabash. That has been maybe 20 years since they closed up. I need to get out more.

Walking into Lengel's was like a religious experience. So many guns, so much ammo, so many cool accessories, it was fantastic! After they closed, I would drive by there every so often, to see if they had changed their minds and reopened. I truly miss that place. That place was a legend.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Walking into Lengel's was like a religious experience. So many guns, so much ammo, so many cool accessories, it was fantastic! After they closed, I would drive by there every so often, to see if they had changed their minds and reopened. I truly miss that place. That place was a legend.

I was talking with Patty a month or so ago. She said they didn't keep the place open because Don would not retire otherwise.

Showing my age, but what the heck. I was there when they opened up the pole barn side. I spent a few days there when I was maybe supposed to be in school but drove over to check things out.

I want, no I need, a place like that again.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    Falls City Firearms is my favorite and I'll be in to see you Rick on Thursday or Friday. Got a 12 shot Uberti SAA .22lr on the way that I found on the S&W forum. :D

Uncle Milties pawn shop on s 3rd/Southern Pkway Louisville near Churchill Downs is a great old school pawn shop that my dad started dragging me to back in the early 60s. Go there on Saturdays between Easter and Thanksgiving and eat at the Masonic fish fry directly across the street. Masons have been running that fish fry for over 100 years and it is GOOD. Fried Green River style, they sell dinners, sandwiches and you can buy a sackfull by the pound. Same with french fries. my mother, may she RIP, would always say "I don't usually like fries but I love these." :)

Lauren reuns Uncle Milties and he is a genuine character. Retired Jefferson Co Sheriff and he worked for Uncle years before he owned the place. Also plays in a Bluegrass combo that goes all over the state. Has a huge private gun collection and sometimes he will let loose of some. It's that damned age thing. We all know we can't keep them forever.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Falls City Firearms is my favorite and I'll be in to see you Rick on Thursday or Friday. Got a 12 shot Uberti SAA .22lr on the way that I found on the S&W forum. :D

Uncle Milties pawn shop on s 3rd/Southern Pkway Louisville near Churchill Downs is a great old school pawn shop that my dad started dragging me to back in the early 60s. Go there on Saturdays between Easter and Thanksgiving and eat at the Masonic fish fry directly across the street. Masons have been running that fish fry for over 100 years and it is GOOD. Fried Green River style, they sell dinners, sandwiches and you can buy a sackfull by the pound. Same with french fries. my mother, may she RIP, would always say "I don't usually like fries but I love these." :)

Lauren reuns Uncle Milties and he is a genuine character. Retired Jefferson Co Sheriff and he worked for Uncle years before he owned the place. Also plays in a Bluegrass combo that goes all over the state. Has a huge privategun collection and sometimes he will let avent been to Miltiloose of some. It's that damned age thing. We all know we can't keep them forever.
    Dang haven’t been to Milties, since I move to Indiana!, yes the lodge has great fish!!!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Maybe one day I'll have a BOF shop to hang out in.

I have about half a dozen shops I'll frequent, but none that I'll "hang out in".

I'm down near Falls City Firearms frequently for work (Was near there on Monday, actually) - but rarely ever have time to stop. Plus being in a GPS-monitored company vehicle can put the kibosh on things like that unless I can park at a nearby fastfood joint and walk.

That said, the nearest bona-fide BOF gunshop near me is Elmore's. And while I stop in there from time to time to buy AR parts if I need - I don't think I've ever bought a firearm from them. If I had a potty mouth and smoked, I'd probably frequent more.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I don't even know what it's like to experience gun stores like these. Before the owner passed and the place got sold, I used to hang out in the store in down the street from me. Not a gun store, just a convenience/this-and-that store; hell it was more like a meeting place that happened to sell snacks and drinks. I miss the liar's bench and the wood stove...

For anyone on here that may know a little something about Solsberry, the place just isn't the same since Donnie passed.

Top Bottom