• ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Hey guys!

I'm looking to get a 22 LR bolt-action rifle. I have been looking at the Ruger 77/22 which looks nice but is quite expensive. I also don't know anything about their "rotary magazine" as far as how well it works, and whether it's reliable or not.

On the cheaper end I see Savage Arms Mark II has a .22 LR Bolt-Action at the ~$200 mark.

Anybody have a 22 LR Rifle that is Bolt-Action that they love/would recommend?

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I own several CZ 452s and can't say enough about their quality and accuracy. The CZs come in several different models and they all shoot well. I also have a Ruger 77/22 and although it is a very nice rifle I prefer the CZ. I do like the Ruger magazine better than the CZ mag though. The Ruger is in the Classifieds btw.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Thinking about it :-). Trying to think where I can go to look at some rifles. Most of the shops I can remember focus on handguns and ARs.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I have had nothing but satisfaction with my Marlin 25n rifle. I picked it up mid 90's for $170-ish. It has been replaced by the Marlin 925 but it is essentially the same rifle.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you want to save some $ over the CZ then you owe it to yourself to look into the Savage rifles.

You'll not give up anything in the accuracy department (once you find ammo that your rifle likes, anyhow)

-J-

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Try Plainfield Shooters Supply. Bob usually has some rifle out there. KS&E has the best deals on CZ but not very many guns in stock.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    When I looked at the CZs (at least online) they didn't really pique my interest. Not sure what it is about them, but I just don't seem to like the aesthetics. I'll try and look at a few in person/handle them before drawing any hard conclusions though.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Do check out the marlin line, mine was a 981t, they have since changed the model number. Tube fed bolt gun,super accurate,right at the 200.00 mark.

Top Bottom