• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I currently own a Bond Arms Snake Slayer (.410/.45Colt). I love the gun. It is very well made and easy to conceal. The only obvious problem I see with it is the fact that it only hold two rounds. I like having the .410/.45Colt capability, but have considered "upgrading" to the Judge (as it had more rounds). It is also larger and a bit harder to conceal. I'd really like to have the S&W Governor, but it is out of my price range.

What are your thoughts on trying to sell/trade the derringer for the revolver? Any notable experiences with with either piece? Any workmanship flaws with the Judge (I am a little, and maybe unfairly distrusting of South American guns). What do you consider to be a fair price for a Snake Slayer in excellent condition? Is it worth bringing the Snake Slayer to the Indy 1500?

*Note: I am just looking for opinions and to foster discussion. I am not trying to sell this firearm at this time, it is only a thought. I am not attempting to circumvent the classifieds.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I have a Taurus Judge that I really love. I have put several hundred rounds through it. Both .410 and .45 Colt have been ran down the pipe with no problems to the gun!

As far as selling it to buy another one that is going to have to be something you have to weigh. Will you miss it, will it better serve you...etc.

Anyway, happy shooting.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Derringer= smaller size
    Judge= larger size

Derringer= less controllability
    Judge= more controllability

Derringer= 2 shots
    Judge= 5 shots

Do you want to sacrifice conceal ablility or firepower? Between the 2 I'd choose the judge. I am less concerned about CC. If I want a deep CC I'd go back to a pocket .380. With the revolver it is much easier to manipulate 1 handed than the derringer. In a high stress environment I would choose the judge time and time again. Just my 2 cents.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I got my dad a public defender polymer mussel, and he conceals it well. It kicks a little rough, but if you're using a 2.5 inch barrel to sling shotgun shells what do you expect lol

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Do you have to sell the snake slayer to get a judge? If it was me I would keep it and buy the judge. The only complaint I have with mine is its bulky and hard to conceal. The kick isn't bad but so far I have only shot the Winchester defender series that only moves a little over 800+ fps.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    your derringer is not that small!!!!
    get a judge public defender if you want concealibility.

That's an excellent point. The Snake Slayer is a large derringer--I usually wear it IWB. I'm not a large man, so it sticks out of my pocket. I actually forgot about the public defender model. I bet it isn't that much larger than the Snake Slayer.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom