• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Made a trip to Lafayette to meet a fellow INGOer to buy a ruger scout. I was coming from Crown point, and 10 minutes into my drive he texted me we was just pulling in. Having just moved to Crown Point, I completely forgot about the time change and flew as fast as I safely could down 65. Felt terrible for being an hour late but he was very cool about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I went to a real estate closing at a title company to close a loan for a client. Got there and realized I’d forgotten to bring the loan documents. Thank heavens for fax machines. Had to have the loan proceeds wired to the title company.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Went to a weekend fun shoot with some friends in Kentucky, decided to take my varmint rifle for anyone to shoot. Wife was driving, so I left my keys at home...and the trigger lock key was on that keychain. Somebody happened to have a hacksaw, so we cut the lock.

Then last weekend I took my range toolbox to the Winamac shoot, which included cleaning stuff, tools, extra magazines, and ammo for her revolver. Wife drove so I left my keys at home. Sure enough, the toolbox was padlocked. I borrowed a multi-plier and cut the plastic hasp on the toolbox.

Last edited:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Made a trip to Lafayette to meet a fellow INGOer to buy a ruger scout. I was coming from Crown point, and 10 minutes into my drive he texted me we was just pulling in. Having just moved to Crown Point, I completely forgot about the time change and flew as fast as I safely could down 65. Felt terrible for being an hour late but he was very cool about it.

I've been on the other side. Sold a transmission to a guy from WI. "meet at 2" oops, time zones. We met at the NWI Cabelas so at least there was something to do.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've been on the other side. Sold a transmission to a guy from WI. "meet at 2" oops, time zones. We met at the NWI Cabelas so at least there was something to do.

Being from that part of the state in the correct time zone, I always try to specify. My rule of thumb is use the time zone of the meeting location. It used to be so much worse when half the year was the same and half different.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I did that once going to Monroe from Indy. My then roommate buddy asked me why I ever took the key out of the ignition. "Do you think someone is going to start the boat and drive it off the trailer while it's in the driveway?" :ugh: Ever since then, I've left the key in the ignition (although I do keep a spare set in the truck glove box).

And as a variation on what you said, "A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into."

That is pretty much how it turned out. The boat was scrap due leaking transom. Sold the motor and trailer title. I didn’t pay a huge amount it but it was all the little things that added up to get going then a loss and no boating.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    "I pull stunts like this all the time with my lunches and coffee."

Like setting your lunch cooler on the ground to get your keys out, then running over them when you back out of the driveway..

Don

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "I pull stunts like this all the time with my lunches and coffee."

Like setting your lunch cooler on the ground to get your keys out, then running over them when you back out of the driveway..

Don

On a similar note I have lost one, almost lost a second custom face mask this way kinda. I buy masks from my skydiving jumpsuit maker. He makes his masks with the same silver impregnated jumpsuit liners to help with antibacterial issues. $10 each and $10 to ship (up to 8). Not cheap, but VERY comfy.

Lost the first one when it fell out of my pocket at a truck stop far away from home. Discovered it was missing hours later down the road.
    Got its replacement and the first time I took it out, I tried slipping it into my pocket as I got out of the car at my office. Came out to get lunch and there it was, on the ground behind my truck. Whew. That was close.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I went to the Airport to make a business trip. I put my backpack and carry on suitcase on the conveyor and walk through the metal detector. TSA guy says “Is this your backpack?” Yes it is I reply. He wants to look trough it. It’s my work backpack with computer and such. He looks through it then runs it through the X-ray machine again with another TSA watching. Then back to the table to unzip every pocket. He says it looks like a razor knife is in it. I assured him no razor knife was in it but do whatever needs to be done to keep us all safe.

One TSA agent goes to my gate to tell them why I’m delayed. I told them I take the next flight if needed. They X-ray it one last time with three guys looking at it, one of them the supervisor. They bring the bag back and after searching for the third time they let me go.

I fly into Charlotte and when getting into the rental car I remember I packed my sunglasses for the 2 hour drive I had to make. I unzipped the pocket where I thought I put them and pulled out a loaded M&P Shield mag. I’m a little ashamed to admit it but I screamed like a school girl, thinking about what those TSA agents with those latex gloves might have done.

I unloaded the mag, wiped any fingerprints off the bullets. Threw the bullets in a dumpster and mailed the mag home.

I started thinking about how it happened. Then I remember going into the courthouse and taking the firearm-holster and mag pouch off and laying it in under my seat. When I got home I put the firearm and mag pouch in my work backpack just to get into the house. I put the firearm away but forgot about the mag pouch. I haven’t put anything in my work backpack again that TSA wouldn’t like.

Top Bottom