Martinsville
    Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I've not tried that Bonesteel handguard, but do own a few of their/CNC Warrior stocks and braces. Quality, fit, and finish are all second to none, but I've only ordered through CNC Warrior and their customer service/communication sucks. Not quite sure how the two companies' partnership works, but if you order through Bonesteel hopefully the comms are better.

Ivan Tactical has some very cool stuff (he also offers a lot for sale in the AK Files marketplace, and sometimes posts better deals on items over there vs. his website). One thing worth noting from someone who's ordered a fair amount of gun stuff from Russia - expect shipping times and tracking to be inconsistent at best, and partially assume your order will be confiscated by Russian customs or flat out "lost" somewhere along the way. Ivan will refund anything that disappears. And with COVID-19 it'll likely take far longer to get your goods. The last item I ordered from a seller in Russia was placed in February and I didn't get it until early May. YMMV, but just something to consider.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I've not tried that Bonesteel handguard, but do own a few of their/CNC Warrior stocks and braces. Quality, fit, and finish are all second to none, but I've only ordered through CNC Warrior and their customer service/communication sucks. Not quite sure how the two companies' partnership works, but if you order through Bonesteel hopefully the comms are better.

Ivan Tactical has some very cool stuff (he also offers a lot for sale in the AK Files marketplace, and sometimes posts better deals on items over there vs. his website). One thing worth noting from someone who's ordered a fair amount of gun stuff from Russia - expect shipping times and tracking to be inconsistent at best, and partially assume your order will be confiscated by Russian customs or flat out "lost" somewhere along the way. Ivan will refund anything that disappears. And with COVID-19 it'll likely take far longer to get your goods. The last item I ordered from a seller in Russia was placed in February and I didn't get it until early May. YMMV, but just something to consider.

Thanks again for the info. Ended up finding an upper and lower Zenitco set from AKstuff.com. His site looks a little janky but from reading up on some reviews on AKfiles, reddit and a few other forums he seems legit, had what I wanted in stock for reasonable prices and I already got shipping conformation. Now I'm just waiting for the mail man to drop my box off and I'll almost finish my pistol. The last piece I think will be a Bonesteel folding brace.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh btw IUKalash, I sent an email inquiry to Bonesteel about the folding stock they have for the RPK reciever asking if it would fit my VEPR FM-AK47-11. They have it listed as fitting 1.6mm reciever. I figured it was a typo since RPKs are 1.5mm. Sent an email anyway asking for clarification. That was last week and they still haven't gotten back to me. So I'd say no Bonesteel's communication isn't any better than CNCWarrior's.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Oh btw IUKalash, I sent an email inquiry to Bonesteel about the folding stock they have for the RPK reciever asking if it would fit my VEPR FM-AK47-11. They have it listed as fitting 1.6mm reciever. I figured it was a typo since RPKs are 1.5mm. Sent an email anyway asking for clarification. That was last week and they still haven't gotten back to me. So I'd say no Bonesteel's communication isn't any better than CNCWarrior's.

Weird that Bonesteels says its 1.6mm folder, quote: "DOES NOT FIT Chinese or Yugoslavian/Serbian AKs" since the M70s and OPAPs, etc. all used 1.6mm receivers. Don't take this as scripture, but I'm all but certain that the folding stock for the square-back VEPR shotgun will also fit your FM.

And that's frustrating to hear about Bonesteel's lack of communication. Just FYI, since Bonesteel and CNC are partnered, I've had better luck in the past reaching out to Laurie at "tae@cncwarrior.com" ... Tyler is at "info@cncwarrior.com" but Laurie has been a bit more responsive in the past.

Top Bottom