• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    It started years ago on the long gone Shooters cast bullet forum. A way of distinguishing between cast and jaketed bullets.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I am a member over on the cast boolits forum as well. Ton's of information on the site thats for sure. I have been reloading for years, but have recently started casting my own boolits in 9mm, and 45 acp.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    might not be a bad idea, Lee molds are less than $40 I think.

Even better! Two bullet molds are less than $20 on Midway. I'm going to order one for .45 and one for .38. I would really like to support local shops, but I simply cannot reliably find reloading supplies in them. Reckon I might as well start ordering them off the net :(

Edit: Not two molds... molds that make two bullets.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Even better! Two bullet molds are less than $20 on Midway. I'm going to order one for .45 and one for .38. I would really like to support local shops, but I simply cannot reliably find reloading supplies in them. Reckon I might as well start ordering them off the net :(

Edit: Not two molds... molds that make two bullets.

good catch Joe, I was quoting a six bullet mold

I do wish their was more local reloading stuff, I need to check out the Outdoorsman on the southside, I know they carry some stuff, I just haven't thought to see what they have.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    good catch Joe, I was quoting a six bullet mold

I do wish their was more local reloading stuff, I need to check out the Outdoorsman on the southside, I know they carry some stuff, I just haven't thought to see what they have.

Friend and I have been bandying about the idea of doing some research into small business loans and grants, and starting our own reloading supply store in our area. We are an hours' drive or less from three decent sized cities, with plenty of people in between and around them, and I hear lots of folks saying they would like to find such a store.

My biggest concern is that folks would just come in, look at the goods as research, and order off the internet anyway. There's got to be a reason there aren't any such stores around that I can find.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Skeeter Skelton taught me more about reloading in Shooting Times articles than most books. Mr. Skelton, Elmer Keith, and Bill Jordan call the things that fire out of a gun barrel bullets. B-U-L-L-E-T-S. I wish to thank the previous posts for enlightening me how/why cast bullets are called boolits. However, I will continue to use the outdated acronym bullets for fear some one might overhear me say boolits, and think I was saying boo-hiss.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My biggest concern is that folks would just come in, look at the goods as research, and order off the internet anyway. There's got to be a reason there aren't any such stores around that I can find.

yeah, I know that happens across all industries. I used to reload years ago, and am just now getting back into it. Hoping to produce some of my own here in a week or so.

Reading the ABC's of Reloading to refresh and watch a Dillon DVD for my SDB. Have a few more things to get :)

Top Bottom