Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    PostHeaderIcon.png
    2013 Introduction to Defensive Pistol Course Schedule

PostDateIcon.png
    December 05 2012 | PDF | Print | E-mail
    Introduction to the Defensive PistolThe Boone County Sheriff Department will again offer a 16 hour "Introduction to the Defensive Pistol" course to qualified applicants on April 13-14, 2013, and October 26-27, 2013. It will be held at the Boone County Sheriff Firearms Range in Lebanon, IN. Due to requests we are againoffering a “Ladies Only Introduction to Defensive Pistol” course on May 4-5, 2013 and September 7-8, 2013. There is no difference in the curriculum. It is merely limited to ladies only. A small .25 or .22 or .32 caliber pistol IS NOT recommended for this course. Again, it is no different in content other than it is for ladies only.This course is designed for the novice to the experienced male or female firearms owner. The two day course instructs the student in Mindset, Gunhandling, and Marksmanship. It is instructed by Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell and staff. Campbell is the Boone County Sheriff, Department Senior Rangemaster, a guest Firearms Instructor at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, has Instructor Certification from Yavapai Firearms Academy, Ltd. (www.yfainc.com) and is an Adjunct Instructor and Rangemaster for Gunsite Academy, Inc. in Paulden, AZ. (http://www.gunsite.net)Requirements include either a valid Indiana Firearms Permit or Criminal History Report verifying the student as a "Proper Person," eye and hearing protection, a suitable pistol, approximately 400 rounds of ammunition, and tuition of $175. (As there is no fiscal impact on the Department for the course, all costs relating to the course must come from the student tuition's.)Persons requesting additional information or references are requested to contact Sheriff Campbell via email at kcampbell@co.boone.in.us

Link to page2013 Introduction to Defensive Pistol Course Schedule

richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    Someday I will take this class. I think it is great that the Boone Co. Sheriff offers these classes for the public.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Ken is a great guy and I highly recommend him. I took the Gunsite 150 Offisite class from Ken and his fellow Gunsite instructors. It was a great class and I learned a lot.

My wife will be taking his Ladies class for sure.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Intro to Defensive Pistol

Just took this class this past weekend. Sheriff Campbell and team did a great job of teaching. Learned to use front sight better, how to clear a malfunctions.

I would recommend this class to a new or novice shooter. It definitely helped me. Now I just have to get rid of the bad habits.

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Just took this class this past weekend. Sheriff Campbell and team did a great job of teaching. Learned to use front sight better, how to clear a malfunctions.

I would recommend this class to a new or novice shooter. It definitely helped me. Now I just have to get rid of the bad habits.

Im in the class this weekend and am looking forward to it. It is my first class.

So what were your bad habits?

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Fantastic class. And Sherriff Campbell is one of the most dynamic teachers and leaders I have seen. His passion for training is amazing. And he is able to adjust to the individual skill sets of the folks in his class. I had a good amount of handgun training/experience and the woman two slots over from me had never fired a pistol. He was able to work with both of us based on our prior experiences to tailor the training for each of us.

HIGHLY recommend.

CountryGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Thorntown
    Ken is awesome. My wife has taken the class and a few of her male coworkers actually participated in the Sheriff shadow program, and have received great reviews for both. Definitely recommended.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Yep, the good sheriff teaches a great course! I haven't checked on the cost, but I'd imagine that it's remained a great deal. I highly recommend it. Every CCW in the country should have at least this amount of training, if not more.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just took the class this past weekend. It was outstanding. I've taken the four day defensive handgun course out at Front Sight and this class is right on par with that. At only $175, everyone who can should take it and take their wives or buddies with them. Our class 26 people in it broken up into two shooting relays. And I can't say enough good things about Sheriff Ken Campbell and his staff. Great instructors and they kept everyone safe.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I took Sheriff Campbell's Introduction to Defensive Pistol class a couple weekends ago and may do it again next year. Highly recommended.

Top Bottom