• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Anyone belong to the Boone County Conservation League?
    Wondering about club rules, range rules, cost, what the range is like. Any restrictions on what can be shot on the range.

Thanks

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My father and I are both members. The cost is reasonable...only 50 Dollars per member, per year. The facilities are nice, and well-tended. There is a 100 yard rifle/pistol range (self-monitored), an archery range, and a trap/skeet area. The trap/skeet area is only open for shooting once a month (3rd Sunday, organized by the club). There is no indoor/covered shooting. There is a small rise (berm?) at 100yds for shooting prone.

There is a fishing pond there as well. I have never used it, but appears to function as advertised.

I am not aware of any prohibited arms/calibers, as long as you don't break the trigger-pull speed limit (see below).

I enjoy shooting there...with a couple of caveats:

1) Shooting is for members only...no guests of any kind are allowed.
    2) Due to the location (right across from a city park in Lebanon) the club demands a five-count between rounds (including other shooter's fired shots, as I understand the rules).
    3) it is a pretty long hike out to the backstop for short-range (ie pistol, shotgun) shooting, and there is limited table space for gear. I tend to bring a lot of gear to the range, so this can be an issue for me.

I tend to go up there when I am by myself and want to practice my (rifle) shooting skills without distraction. I have had no bad experiences and intend to renew my membership again this year.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you want to join you'll have to come to a meeting. I can PM with the time/date of the next one, of you are interested.

-Paul

Last edited:

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I'm also a member there. pretty much very thing Paul said it right but I'll add another inconvenience. There is no firing line, just tables set up at different yardages. So if you go there and want to shot a rifle and someone else is shooting pistol you have to wait until they are done. I believe there is supposed to be a 1/2 hour courtesy time limit if someone is waiting for you to finish.

The range usually isn't busy but I always bring a rifle and pistol along just so can just shoot where the person is shooting at to pass the time.

This reminds me I need to stop in there for the next meeting and renew for the year.

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    Update: Application for new membership is currently limited to Boone County residents only and applications must be approved by the League's Board of Directors for membership approval.

Ted1825

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Lebanon
    Does anyone have a number to the board so I can renew my membership. I have my old key and it says up dec31 2013. Cannot find number to call

Top Bottom