• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joneser49

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 6, 2011
    southern Indiana (ohio river)
    We always called it thunderbird for some reason. Mad Dog went with it to. It's definitely a drink for youngsters. I liked strawberry. At least I think it was; really fruity and sweet anyways. Nowadays I prefer hoppie and malty. Good reminisce

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We always called it thunderbird for some reason. Mad Dog went with it to. It's definitely a drink for youngsters. I liked strawberry. At least I think it was; really fruity and sweet anyways. Nowadays I prefer hoppie and malty. Good reminisce
    Thunderbird was another cheap wino wine... Sold at some of the finer establishments with such delicious offerings as Night Train...:alcoholic:
    Which reminds me of the non PC classic>>>
    Whats the Word?
    Thunderbird!
    Whats the Price?
    50 Cents Twice!
    Who Drinks the Most?
    Us....(but I digress):)

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That stuff was yummy going down, but not so coming up! :puke:
    That was the worse hangover I've ever had. Even worse than the time when a friend was mixing drinks, telling me it was Hot Damn, when it was Firewater!

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Back in my wino years, I drank the apple flavor. No fancy flavor for me. Years ago,there was a pizza shop downtown that had a pool table in the back room. When I would get half lit-up on Boone's Farm, I could beat anyone there at the game of pool. I was nicknamed " Lee Street Fats ". I have since dropped the fat & the " Fats " part, just kept LeeStreet. Now you know the rest of the story. BTW there was another wine called Ripple. My favorite was Pagan Pink, & when sales tax was 2 cents you could walk out of a liquor store with a bottle for $ 1.00. Oh, the good ole' days. Both would clean you out in the morning.

Last edited:

schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    T-Bird and some of the others mentioned are known as "fortified" wines. Meaning that some grain alcohol has been added to give it some kick.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Some of the best and worst of memories from the cheapie wines of the '60s were brought up reading this thread. LOL!
    Wild Irish Rose and a 6 pack of Strohs. "Strohs and Rose"
    Lots of stupid crap could be done for a couple of bucks. Loads of fun and regrets.

Top Bottom