Indianapolis
    This should have been the Rolling Stone cover boy:

CFEhkreWoAABax1.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Never thought a Massachusetts jury would kill him.

I had predicted a death sentence to a few people, but watching them go through the mitigators and seeing 1 juror (at least) agree with each one.... well, I thought there'd be a holdout.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Tim McVeigh, the OKC Bomber that got the Death Penalty, went to his death in less than five years. I pray that this scum-bucket goes at least as fast.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Uhh...

CNN: As Tsarnaev led away, he smiles wryly...his index fingers are extended at waist level. It was like a gunslinger's two-pistol salute

Also, here's a hot take:

Maya Schwenwar said:
    Tsarnaev is sentenced to be murdered. This is sad and wrong, like all executions. We need #deathpenalty abolition NOW.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Tim McVeigh, the OKC Bomber that got the Death Penalty, went to his death in less than five years. I pray that this scum-bucket goes at least as fast.

He basically volunteered after his direct appeal. As I recall, he waived half of his appeals and volunteered for execution.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    welcome to terre haute soon.. terrorist. probably be a big circus when this clown is put down like McVeigh..

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He basically volunteered after his direct appeal. As I recall, he waived half of his appeals and volunteered for execution.

True on McVeigh, however Juan Garza was executed at Terre Haute around 8 days later and Garza tried appealing his to the end and he was on Death Row for only a couple more years than McVeigh. Louis Jones was executed at Terre Haute in 2003 and gave up his appeals after a point however from the time of his arrest (1995) to his execution (2003) was 8 years. There have been sever inmates at Terre Haute that have had dates set but then cancelled because of a stay/appeal etc. Even had a date for a Military Death Row inmate from Leavenworth that was stayed.

While courts do play a major role the biggest hurdle to Federal Executions the last few years is now gone....Eric Holder

Top Bottom