Donnelly joins Coats (R) and the following Democrat Senators
    Baucus (MT)
    Begich (AK)
    Heitkamp (ND)
    King (ME)
    Manchin (WV)
    Landrieu (LA)
    Murray (WA)

28 said they support and 34 said no responses.
    3 have no position.

*according to piers morgan

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The Senate bill is dead. How hard can it be to oppose something that you won't be forced to vote on?

A) it is dead because the 7 senators above plus Harry Reid listened to their voters and and opposed it.

B) they are on record if it becomes an amendment.

C) While I disagree with Donnelly on alot of issues I commend him for opposing it (before or after). Something 34 senators have yet to do.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Rest assured, Donnelly will vote 'Aye' on UBC and possibly a Mag size restriction.
    He has stated publicly that he thinks 'those need to be looked at' .

He has 5 years for Hoosiers to forget and he knows it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rest assured, Donnelly will vote 'Aye' on UBC and possibly a Mag size restriction.
    He has stated publicly that he thinks 'those need to be looked at' .

He has 5 years for Hoosiers to forget and he knows it.

The form letter (the one everyone receives as a response to any corrispondance containing the word "gun") leaves a large hole though which he can slither his way to vote for UBC and mag capacity limits. But 5 years won't erode most gun owner's memories.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A) it is dead because the 7 senators above plus Harry Reid listened to their voters and and opposed it.

B) they are on record if it becomes an amendment.

C) While I disagree with Donnelly on alot of issues I commend him for opposing it (before or after). Something 34 senators have yet to do.

Donnaly said in a written statement that he wasn't apposite at looking at expanded universal background checks and was willing to let it come to the senate for a vote.

He is not our friend on this issue. He will flip flop

Also coats must be watched like a hawk because he will do whatever benefits himself and not us or the constitution.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The form letter (the one everyone receives as a response to any corrispondance containing the word "gun") leaves a large hole though which he can slither his way to vote for UBC and mag capacity limits. But 5 years won't erode most gun owner's memories.

In every letter I write to Donnelly, I remind him that he DID NOT receive the Majority of Hoosier votes and that his allegience is First to represent his Constituents/State and second to his Party. I also remind him that Lugar's seat is his because the People of Indiana were tired of him confusing the two.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    In every letter I write to Donnelly, I remind him that he DID NOT receive the Majority of Hoosier votes and that his allegience is First to represent his Constituents/State and second to his Party. /QUOTE]

^disagree^

1. uphold and defend the constitution
    2. represent.
    3. see #1 and #2

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    In every letter I write to Donnelly, I remind him that he DID NOT receive the Majority of Hoosier votes and that his allegience is First to represent his Constituents/State and second to his Party. /QUOTE]

^disagree^

1. uphold and defend the constitution
    2. represent.
    3. see #1 and #2

I said allegiance for a reason.

It is EVERY CITIZENS DUTY to uphold and defend the Constitution.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Now let's see where they fall on Universal Background Check Backdoor Registration.

Donnelly's statements seem to indicate he would support stricter background check requirements. Please make sure you contact him and let him know what you think about it. The only way for universal checks could be effectively administrated would be to create a registry:nono: That is a non starter for many of us.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Donnelly's statements seem to indicate he would support stricter background check requirements. Please make sure you contact him and let him know what you think about it. The only way for universal checks could be effectively administrated would be to create a registry:nono: That is a non starter for many of us.
    Yep. I've contacted him quite a few times on this particular issue already and encourage others to do likewise.

Top Bottom