Bottom Line: Lawful Gun Owners Blamed For Killings By Walmart and Kroger.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Some very good points and seedling ideas.

Giving credit where it is due, the NRA's campaign of "I am the NRA" was an attempt in this direction, but it was not very effective for some reason. My guess is it should have been "I am your neighbor, coach, teacher, co-worker, I own a gun and I support the NRA to protect my constitutional rights."

I think that "NRA" was too prominent in the ads to make an impact on the non-NRA members/America. What is at issue is civil rights, not the NRA.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    After 2 pages of agreement, my first thought after reading the OP was they are blaming the gun, the sight of a gun. If you're a legal gun owner, don't bring your gun. The are alienating legal gun owners. But blaming them. :dunno:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It is a very retarded thought process they have. But these are the people we have running our country and businesses, blaming the gun and not the person

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The old "political piling on". If you don't have anything to say (or anything intelligent at least) it is so much cooler than saying "ditto" or "what he said"...

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Hmmm. What to do? For starters there are a few things we need to realize. All of us. Every single gun owner.
    1. This was not a coincidence. Big companies don't just all change policies overnight almost in unison. Jerks have been working on this and waiting on an excuse to implement "order 66" for a long time and this is step one.
    One other chain store stepped out awhile back (Dick's) and as a single target they caught all of our eyre and they suffered. The other big stores didn't want that to happen, thus the COLLISION.

What to do? Shop none of them if at all possible, but punishing the one that started this last avalanche is the most appropriate. That's Walmart.

2.Realize this has reached the cultural point of a war. Lifestyle changes are going to be in order. This will not be convenient, and it's not supposed to be.
    Indiana is a much more gun friendly climate than where I came from. I was used to having to join in targeting stores with calls, letters, and the one that got the most attention: saving receipts from competitors and mailing them in with a note explaining why they lost those sales.

3. Realize that if you own a gun, ANY GUN and no matter how you choose to carry it you have a dog in this fight. OC, CC, AK, AR, fudd, Glock, 1911, and everyone else are all in the same boat. Everyone needs to recognize how serious this is and join in. Just because this hasn't effected you yet does not mean in the slightest they're not coming for you.
    We spend a lot of time busting each other's chops about choices, and this isn't the time.

That's a start. Also realizing that this is a long haul fight and not expecting a quick victory will also help. I was involved with fighting for concealed carry in Ohio from 97 to when we finally got it in 2004, and it has been a constant battle to try to improve that original bill ever since.

Chris

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmmm. What to do? For starters there are a few things we need to realize. All of us. Every single gun owner.
    1. This was not a coincidence. Big companies don't just all change policies overnight almost in unison. Jerks have been working on this and waiting on an excuse to implement "order 66" for a long time and this is step one.
    One other chain store stepped out awhile back (Dick's) and as a single target they caught all of our eyre and they suffered. The other big stores didn't want that to happen, thus the COLLISION.

What to do? Shop none of them if at all possible, but punishing the one that started this last avalanche is the most appropriate. That's Walmart.

2.Realize this has reached the cultural point of a war. Lifestyle changes are going to be in order. This will not be convenient, and it's not supposed to be.
    Indiana is a much more gun friendly climate than where I came from. I was used to having to join in targeting stores with calls, letters, and the one that got the most attention: saving receipts from competitors and mailing them in with a note explaining why they lost those sales.

3. Realize that if you own a gun, ANY GUN and no matter how you choose to carry it you have a dog in this fight. OC, CC, AK, AR, fudd, Glock, 1911, and everyone else are all in the same boat. Everyone needs to recognize how serious this is and join in. Just because this hasn't effected you yet does not mean in the slightest they're not coming for you.
    We spend a lot of time busting each other's chops about choices, and this isn't the time.

That's a start. Also realizing that this is a long haul fight and not expecting a quick victory will also help. I was involved with fighting for concealed carry in Ohio from 97 to when we finally got it in 2004, and it has been a constant battle to try to improve that original bill ever since.

Chris

This guy gets it.

Sure wish more did...

:dunno:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Chris

:+1:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Some very good points and seedling ideas.

Giving credit where it is due, the NRA's campaign of "I am the NRA" was an attempt in this direction, but it was not very effective for some reason. My guess is it should have been "I am your neighbor, coach, teacher, co-worker, I own a gun and I support the NRA to protect my constitutional rights."

I think that "NRA" was too prominent in the ads to make an impact on the non-NRA members/America. What is at issue is civil rights, not the NRA.

It's impossible for the NRA to get any type of positive press through the media. It's just not going to happen.
    Terrorism? LMAO!!! The liberal left won't even tell the truth on that issue either. islamophobia? The media is a dangerous enemy and is amongst us. Punish the media by boycotting those who sponsor them? seriously i don't see a lot of ways to beat this enemy within the rules that they influence.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Chris

source.gif

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    It's impossible for the NRA to get any type of positive press through the media. It's just not going to happen.
    Terrorism? LMAO!!! The liberal left won't even tell the truth on that issue either. islamophobia? The media is a dangerous enemy and is amongst us. Punish the media by boycotting those who sponsor them? seriously i don't see a lot of ways to beat this enemy within the rules that they influence.

Don't disagree regarding the NRA. But the idea is still valid. Gun owners are your neighbors, co-workers, father-in-laws, etc. We are not the monsters the media and Kroger wish to make us.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    After 2 pages of agreement, my first thought after reading the OP was they are blaming the gun, the sight of a gun. If you're a legal gun owner, don't bring your gun. The are alienating legal gun owners. But blaming them. :dunno:

I always thought arguments based on semantics were cute. But...

If they told Christians not to wear crosses it would not be because they didn't want to see crosses. And yes, they would be doing something to them, (such as blaming) based upon public opinion and recent world events. Don't you think?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Is it possible for the Gray Man 2A organizations to get positive press from the media?

If they told Muslims not to wear hijabs it would not be because they didn't want to see hijabs. And yes, they would be doing something to them, (such as blaming) based upon public opinion and recent world events. Don't you think?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Chris

Amen

Top Bottom