• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    I found a really good deal on a Glock 21SF 13 round .45 ACP that's like new to put under the tree. It has an ambidextrous magazine release with a picatinny tactical rail, a 4.5" barrel, and a nice white outline rear notch with a white dot front sight. I don't have a large hand but the SF grip frame is very comfortable and the trigger breaks at just the right spot for my finger travel.
    I haven't shot it yet but I'm really looking forward to it. If I like it as much as I think I will, maybe I'll buy a .22 conversion unit for it.
    I previously had an older stainless S&W 4506 with a square trigger guard and 5" barrel that I had only taken to the range twice. It functioned okay but wasn't very accurate with the reloaded ammo that I have so I sold it.
    And then I unexpectedly stumbled upon this baby and decided to take the plunge. I fired a 9mm Glock 19 once and found it to be extremely accurate. So I'm hopeful that this Glock 21SF will also be an accurate shooter.
    My son has a full size Glock .40S&W and this model is proportionately larger in every respect. His Glock .40 is also an extremely accurate shooter.
    I've read a few positive posts about the Glock 21's and if anyone can comment about its performance or a good .22 conversion unit for it, I'd be happy to hear the reports.
    This was not a particular model that I was searching for or knew anything about in advance, but once I realized that it was the best deal of all the used pistols in the shop
    I made sure that it went home with me.

P1220149a47_zps2b5de2d2.jpg

P1220150a33_zpsd2ddd910.jpg

Last edited:

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I recently picked up a 21sf as well. Not a huge glock fan but the price was right and I figured if I shoot it and dont like it I wouldnt have any trouble getting my money back out of it. Pretty accurate pistol, and I really like the grip on the sf model. Think it might be a keeper:)

nirvanacarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    the 9mm and .40's in glocks are the same dimensions jsut different barrels and whatnot. the 10mm and .45 are the same. the width of the 9mm and .40 is i belieb 1.16 whereas the .45 are like 1.25 or thereabouts. im smaller handed so i chose a gen 4 g17. have had no problem with the spring and light loads btw

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Many years ago, I was at the range shooting my Ruger P90, when someone showed up with a new G21 and offered to let me shoot it. Loved the gun, and finally got my own in 2005. It is a very accurate gun, and is easy to shoot well. Only complaint is, mine is a G21, and I admit I like the fit & feel of the G21SF better. But I will not part with my G21.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The G21 is a phenomenal weapon; I've had mine for a few years and have thousands and thousands of rounds through it and it has never skipped a beat once. 13 + 1 rounds of .45 in a package that is lighter than some guys with half the capacity of the G21. Mine is my carry and IDPA weapon and I don't know that I own another gun that is more trustworthy, reliable and fun to shoot. You did well!

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I see the OP mentioned reloads. You shouldn't shoot lead bullet reloads in a Glock without an aftermarket barrel, due to the polygonal rifling that factory Glock barrels use. Like just about all gun manufacturers, Glock recommends against using reloads, period, but this is especially true for lead bullets. Polygonal barrels can foul quickly and cause pressures to rise, putting the barrel at risk for catastrophic failure when the gun is fired.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the info. about shooting lead through it but my reloads have jacketed bullets.
    However I did notice a small amount of lead in the barrel grooves which evidently was left from the previous owner having shot lead bullets through it.
    Maybe he traded it in because he didn't like its performance with lead bullets?

It's interesting to note that I spoke to a friend of mine today who damaged his Glock 21 some years ago by shooting a reloaded round through it that he believes had a double powder charge. He said that the slide cracked as a result. After he sent it in to Glock they sent him a brand new gun which he still owns today. He said that Glock backed their product because they weren't sure what exactly caused the crack, the ammo or a weak slide. So they gave him the benefit of the doubt.
    He went on to say that even though he has a customized 1911 that cost him well over $2000, that he will always grab for the Glock 21 first to go shooting with and that he has always shot better with it in competition.

I still need to research it's reliability with various .22 conversion units.
    Thanks for all of the reassuring comments and reports. It sounds like most everyone in the Glock 21 club are pretty happy campers. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom