• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I just bought me a used Ruger Mark II .22 pistol. Looks to be in good shape, paid $150 for it. We'll se how my daughter does with it. If she shoots well, I might get an SR22 later on.:rockwoot:

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Congratulations, you got a real steal. I would buy truckload of them at that price.

Buy one of these : [ame=http://www.amazon.com/McFadden-Machine-Ultimate-Clip-Loader/dp/B004YF931Y]Amazon.com: Ultimate Clip Loader: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Fastest way to load the gun by far! Makes shooting more fun, and less painful for your thumbs.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    $150 for a nice MKII? You should be arrested because you stole it!!!!! Seriously, thats an awesome deal on an awesome pistol. I have a MKIII Standard 4 3/4" barrel thats more accurate than I am. It will last you a lifetime!!!!!

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Great find! Hope you and your daughter enjoy it.

As far as the speed loader ... until 22LRs become a little more available again I am going to shoot slow and enjoy every minute.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Well done and congrats! That's a heck of a find for that price! Did you have a preference for the Mark II vs. Mark III. Just curious.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Nice find... I learned to shoot on a Ruger MKII KMK512 and still shoot it the most out of my available firearms to shoot...

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    These things are worth their weight in gold. Even if you aren't shooting much, helps save your thumb loading those mags. I've also seen people tie a loop of shoestring around their belt loops to hook the spring onto while loading a magazine.

That thing is cool! I may have to break down and get one!

chadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Nice find. Wish I could get 'em like that! I'm teaching my daughter on a Mk lll. Lots of fun and I get personal enjoyment just being with her and teaching her some things I hope she'll remember.

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Had one for quote a number of years and let a friend shoot it. Then he went and bought one. It was about 3 weeks after he bought it I got a phone call from him. "Hey, I'm having a bit of problem with that Ruger" he said. "Hmmm, lemme guess. You took it apart to clean and now can't get it back together."

Top Bottom