• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I was looking for a shotgun to shoot clays with my friends. I came across this auto loader. It's in very good shape I was STOKED!!! It was 250.00 the price was right. BUT, after studying reviews on this gun I found that the barrel that came on this gun is for 2 3/4 or 3" mag shells only!!!! Ughhh.

What is like to know is what would be a good ammo in 2 3/4 mag that I can shoot clays with that's not gonna break the bank.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    They offer a non magnum barrel that shoots 2 3/4 only, I know I could shoot the regular loads out of my gun as it sits, but it says it could not cycle correctly.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I would by a variety of regular loads and just see what it cycles. It may run fine with regular 2 3/4" loads, and I'd be willing to bet it will with any 3".

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I'm totally new to shotguns.. What regular loads would someone recommend ?? Are high velocity actually magnum rounds, or is that an in between??

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Lol... I don't know I'm a handgun rifle guy. This is my first shotgun of my own. In the past some one would hand me a shotgun loaded and I'd busy up some clays. I'm relying on my INGO brothers to guide me..

I've seen 2 3/4 short brass and tall brass.. Whether that's a mag I don't know.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Isnt the 2 3/4 a standard shell and the 3inch a magnum. Ive never seen a 2 3/4 magnum.
    Yes... What is stamped on the barrel means "no 3 1/2 inch shells" only shoot 2 3/4 inch shells or 3 inch magnum shells.
    For shooting clays 2 3/4 inch 7 1/2 shot is the norm. I wouldn't go any smaller than 8 shot or any bigger than 7 shot. The "shot" refers to the size of the "pellets" in the shell. The higher the number the the smallet the shot.
    For fun backyard clay shooting look for the 100 round bulk pack boxes of Winchester, or Federal available at Wal Mart. These may be called small game loads also.
    Hope this helps.
    PULL!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    OK, you don't need magnum rounds for clays. Remington Gun Clubs or Federal Target loads should work for most clay games. I don't know what type of clay shooting you are planning, but these loads will break birds.

One issue with target loads and semi-auto shotguns. Fields guns are design to shoot fields loads and the light charge of the target loads won't cycle the gun. If you are shooting single is isn't a issue.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    My problem is my gun I bought has a barrel that has a smaller gas port to cycle magnum ammo. Lighter loads will have a failure to eject.. I'm not looking to only shoot clays, but I will shoot them sometimes.

I didn't notice that when I bought it, this gun came with two barrels, 2 3/4 only and 2 3/4 & 3" magnum .. I have the later of the two. I got the gun at a GREAT price and am trying to use it for clays ( sometimes)

Top Bottom