• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • designerguy90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Schererville
    Thanks! I figured they arent going down in $ anytime soon if at all, so I saw this one, at a reasonable price, and snatched it up. I know the grips aren't original, and it appears to have been reblued, but the bore is absolutely fantastic and all the numbers match (except the magazine)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Excellent! As you noted, it is more of a shooter than a collector's piece, but there is a rather obvious benefit to that. Enjoy it!

designerguy90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Schererville
    If you buy a restored Model A Ford,it's still a Model A Ford.

This is exactly how I feel, I think as the price and supply of collectable lugers go through the roof, ones that are in bad condition and ones that have been refinished/restored will go up in value; much the same way muscle cars and sports cars have in recent years.

And thank guys for the kind words, I am hoping to take it out to the range next week, so ill post how it shoots; I'm looking forward to it!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great gun, enjoy shooting it. They like heavier bullets with faster burning powder if you are going to reload for it.:)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Very nice. Poor boys like me will just have to suffice with the later .22 and .32 caliber replicas.

Wonder if German Sport Guns has any plans for a new .22 caliber copy? I mean, if they can find enough buyers to make a .22 STG-44 copy they should be able to do the same for a Luger.

designerguy90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Schererville
    Wonder if German Sport Guns has any plans for a new .22 caliber copy? I mean, if they can find enough buyers to make a .22 STG-44 copy they should be able to do the same for a Luger.

That would be sweet, both of those would look good in the safe together. Though my lugers counterpart, my nagant revolver keeps it company, and my 1928 mosin keeps my 98k company, so it all works out!

If any of you guys are ever at one of the meet and shoots at Winamac, you are more than welcome to put some rounds down range with her!

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I would love to have a shooter! The one I have, it's an artillery model, was given to me by my Dad. It was given to him by my Grandfather. It is in pristine condition though and I only shot it a few times mainly for a function check. Due to it's value, I don't want to take a chance on breaking anything, so it's my safe queen. Yours is a sweet gun, I would love to have one that I could shoot often.

Top Bottom