• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thankfully, I did buy a magazine loader. Not sure I could have loaded the mags without one!! I will probably pick up some Hornady Critical Defense ammo Wednesday. That's what I use in my other guns.

Once you break in the mag spring, it will get easier to load.

Also, depending on the size of your hands, you might want to consider putting on a Pearce Extension to the short mag. I have found that carrying with the extended mag gets a bit cumbersome all for 3 more rounds. Here's a pic of mine with the extension.

profilepic12888_1.gif

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Once you break in the mag spring, it will get easier to load.

Also, depending on the size of your hands, you might want to consider putting on a Pearce Extension to the short mag. I have found that carrying with the extended mag gets a bit cumbersome all for 3 more rounds. Here's a pic of mine with the extension.

profilepic12888_1.gif

Thanks for the suggestion! Does the extension simply slide onto the magazine?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thanks for the suggestion! Does the extension simply slide onto the magazine?

I got mine at Bradis. They put it on while I waited. I think there is a release pin that allows the bottom plate to slide off. Watch out for the spring though.

I think the cost was less than $15.

Last edited:

spqr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Zionsville
    Bought an XD 9mm and soon thereafter sold my Glock. My wife shot my XD and wanted one to replace her Glock, too! Now we have 2 9mm XDs and 1 45acp XD!

My only negative experience has been replacing the factory sights with tritium sights...the factory sights are so tight that my sight removal tool could not budge them. My gunsmith broke one of his sight removal tools but finally got the sights replaced after quite a struggle!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Bought it today at Bradis around 11:00...apparently missed the frenzy when they opened at 10! Very smooth transaction, as always. :rockwoot: Then went to ITP to put 100 rounds through it...flawless. :D
    If yours is anything like mine, it'll still be running flawlessly many thousands more rounds down the road. Mine is also an XD9sc. Congratulations!

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Over the years I've had an XD45, XD9, Intrac HS2000, and XDm9SC. I've held on to the XD45 and XDm9SC. Love this line of firearms. Getting my father an XDm45 for his birthday.

Top Bottom