• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought 1000 rounds of new 200gr 45 FMJ from Freedom Munitions for $250 with free shipping. That's $12.50 a box. I've had good luck with Freedom's ammo.

1. I am so jealous!
    2. 25 cents ea.= Wow!
    Just so you'll enjoy it more: I am paying 30 cents each at 10:30 this am!
    4. I didn't want a 1000 rounds, is my only saving grace.
    :laugh:

4. Only 27 cents each: truly impressive!
    5. I just went to the website and did see this:

$233.80
    Quantity: 1

Estimated Shipping Cost: $25.00
    Estimated Shipping for 2: $44.00
    QUANTITY PRICING
    1 or more $233.80
    SKU: SG45W - 2 cases
    45 Auto / ACP Ammo Winchester

5. I never saw the 500 round for $135 w/free shipping; must be over.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...5. I never saw the 500 round for $135 w/free shipping; must be over.

I gave you the link. It breaks down to $119.50 + $15 shipping = $134.50 rounded to "$135 shipped".:)

I've bought 3 cases of the S&B 45 acp this year even though I reload. It's good stuff.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I gave you the link. It breaks down to $119.50 + $15 shipping = $134.50 rounded to "$135 shipped".:)

I've bought 3 cases of the S&B 45 acp this year even though I reload. It's good stuff.

1. Sorry, I am at work, and could only give it a quick glance, which I obviously missed the $135 shipped part. :dunno:
    2. If I was home at my leisure, I would have seen it. Since I have 10 boxes right now, I won't order any yet.
    3. I got 5 boxes when I bought the gun, and bought those 8 boxes this am before work (late day due to Parent Mtgs).
    4. I got 8 minutes before business starts again, I'll go look again!
    5. I must have tried that at home b/c I can't access that sight at work.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I bought 1000 rounds of new 200gr 45 FMJ from Freedom Munitions for $250 with free shipping. That's $12.50 a box. I've had good luck with Freedom's ammo.

Until it blows up. Too many reports online of it blowing up for me to feel comfortable using any of there ammo.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    As a newbie: confusing.
    There should be some consistency about these things, but everyone's experience differs.

I remember reading about a range instructor having more issues with Springfield 9mm handguns with people at the range (about 19 issues, but don't know the time frame), Ater reading that, I have never considered Springfield handgun, though they get high marks from many.

But, a real illustration of practical application: I wouldn't take the chance, unless I knew they had a lifetime warranty on their products.
    Like, when I bought a Taurus 709 Slim, I was warned away from Taurus, but since it had the lifetime warranty, I bought it anyway.
    I was getting jams in it every magazine! Chris at Marksman Shooting sent it back for me.
    It has been 10 weeks now, and I haven't got it back yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The owner, Chris, in Westfield (where I bought it) has called 2 times about it and told them to go down to the production floor and get a new one and send it to me.
    He told me he would refund my money to me if I didn't get it back in the next 2 weeks, and told Taurus he would not sell Taurus anymore if this was going to be their customer service response.
    He doesn't sell another brand b/c of the same thing with bad service.
    Chris said he has always had excellent service in past getting guns back judiciously, sometimes surprising quick.

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    I bought my online at cabelas on the 12th of this month. I have yet to get to the range to test her out. 396$ out the door. Looks and feels great in my hand.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got my speedloader and it works great.
    I got it the same day that the INGO member came by to help show my cleaning techniques. :dunno: (for dummies)
    It is for 9mm and above, but I think I used it on my Colt Mustang 380, but I'm not sure.
    Stayed up till 6 am researching to find out how to strip down my Sig 1911-22 b/c I can't get the front bushing turned b/c the "plunger" won't depress???
    I have a thread written about it with pics.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought a 45 Shield a few months ago. I cannot believe how well I shoot with it, amazing gun for me!

1. I don't "need" mine since I have the 9mm, but I couldn't help myself for $325 AND it came with $100 of shells so really = $225 To me: amazing!!!!!
    2. I'll buy anything nearly new priced lower than I've ever seen with $100 ammo included.
    3. I was surprised how easy-shooting it was myself, who is not used to larger caliber weapons. I've had small 9mms that were harder to hold onto.
    4. I will sell the 45 when I'm through playing with it the Shield 9mm is big enough for me.

Top Bottom