• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I added another glock to my collection yesterday at just over $400. It is a brand new Gen 3 glock 27. It is going to be my new carry gun. I was debating on getting another .40 since I already have the glock 22. And was going to get the 30 or 36, but decided on the 27 so I could interchange magazines. Couldn't be happier with it even though I haven't shot it yet. I'm sure it'll be just as good as my G22. Now I just need to get a holster.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I like the 26/27 sized platform. The length of the grip is really the deciding factor when attempting to conceal a handgun, and with those ten round magazines, the gun is super concealable, right on the verge of being a "pocket pistol," (depending on the size of your pockets, that is. :) )

Then, you can spend the $12 on Amazon for a Pearce +2 or +1 grip extension, and suddenly you can fit your whole hand on the gun, but its still concealable.

I think I would rather have a 26 than a 19, because I can make my 26 almost the same dimensions as a 19; but I can't make a 19 the size of a 26, at least not without a hacksaw.

Plus, for its size, mine has always been super accurate, and 10 or 11 round of 9mm in your pocket is nothing to sneer at.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats! I own 5 Glocks and couldn't be happier! There are at least 3 or 4 more I'd like to eventually add to the collection.

Good choice on the 27 since you already have the 22, nothing like buying mags for one gun and have them work in the others!

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    The biggest down fall wast he length of the grip. I got the mag extensions and it fits perfect. I also ordered mag spacer so the g23 mag would fit. So now its the grip of a glock 23 and the length of a g27.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i have a 27 i just bought a couple months ago for a little over 400 at bradis. couldnt be happier with it.

im not dead set on glocks, but i wouldnt mind having a few more either :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like the 26/27 sized platform. The length of the grip is really the deciding factor when attempting to conceal a handgun, and with those ten round magazines, the gun is super concealable, right on the verge of being a "pocket pistol," (depending on the size of your pockets, that is. :) )

Then, you can spend the $12 on Amazon for a Pearce +2 or +1 grip extension, and suddenly you can fit your whole hand on the gun, but its still concealable.

I think I would rather have a 26 than a 19, because I can make my 26 almost the same dimensions as a 19; but I can't make a 19 the size of a 26, at least not without a hacksaw.

Plus, for its size, mine has always been super accurate, and 10 or 11 round of 9mm in your pocket is nothing to sneer at.

Exactly! That's what I do with my 26, regular mag to conceal and extended mag for comfortable shooting! Very nice platform for many functions! :D

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I'm all for another Glock, but I dont think there is any chance the 26 will fit in my hand. Even with extensions, how comfortable is it? For reference a stock 19 doesnt fit well, but a 17 is perfect.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Waitaminute ....you bought ANOTHER Glock??? You can do that??? :dunno: :D

Seriously, nice pick! Got a Gen4 G27 a few months ago ...and the G30 plays with it well, depending on the weather. Thinking of a 357 barrel for it someday ...along with another Glock (it's just a matter of time ...and money, of course!). :yesway:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a 2.5 gen G-27 from a long time ago, carry it almost as much as my G-23. I feed it Speer GDHP in 180 Gr and use Federal 180 Gr FMJ for practice.

Speaking of practice, it is my bi weekly feature pistol for my 1 PM every other thursday Glock and Roll time at Pop Guns.

Federal 180 Gr goodness keeps me happy, However the price of Gas may take a bite out of my twice a month range sessions.

Glock 19 and 26 models are scheduled for May.

Again congrats on your choice like mine of the Baby Glock, I see a G-23 in your future.:ingo:

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    All great points blueeagle. The versatility of the subcompact platform is amazing. My 26 is my favorite Glock

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I bought a Glock 22 for ammo testing. I also bought the 9mm conversion barrel, a 9mm threaded conversion barrel (for the fun stuff) and a 357 Sig barrel (for a G31.)

Three calibers in one host. Its about as versatile a platform as you can get for one handgun.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a Glock 22 for ammo testing. I also bought the 9mm conversion barrel, a 9mm threaded conversion barrel (for the fun stuff) and a 357 Sig barrel (for a G31.)

Three calibers in one host. Its about as versatile a platform as you can get for one handgun.

You're gonna have fun ! :D

Will be interesting to hear what you think of the .357 bbl. The bullet I like is the Hornady 124 gr FP. I bought cases (2900) of these years ago, but I see now they are over $350.00 a case. Looking forward to hearing if you find any other possible alternative that would be cheaper and hold up to full power loads. I just don't know just how fast plated can be driven... With the extra step or two to load this round, I simply aren't interested in downloading this to 9mm velocities, I want what the caliber is capable of .

Last edited:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nice. How do you plan to carry/conceal it? I ask because I haven't quite found a super comfortable way to carry my g30, iwb that is.

I just got a black bawk serpa for owb. (17.95$ on amazon) and I'm planning on ordering a raven concealment here soon to do double duty owb/iwb.also have been looking at the crossbreeds for iwb just haven't made a decision yet.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Congartulations! You are on the road to enlightenment!

I had the G19 Gen 1, then moved over to the Gen 3 GLOCK 22 & 27. Love them both!! For me, the combat handgun has to be reliable above all else. The weight, ergonomics (for me) and mag/part/caliber interchangability are the icing on the cake.

I have a .357 sig bbl. for the G27 and it shoots great. I have the pinkey extension on the carry mag. If I carry spares, I carry G22 +2 mags, so I have a 17 round reload. I see no sense in having more than a couple of G27 mags, as they are only for the intial load and carry.

For less than a Benjamin, I can get enough parts to keep these things running without a gunsmith for the next generation.

Top Bottom