• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    @doddg
    Just showed my gun and sale price to give you an idea of value of DW22 with original box, more rare 8" barrel, tool & instructions 2 years ago.
    I wish you luck. I get bored easy but had the gun for 20 yrs or so. I am not knocking your purchase. Currently have NO .22lr handguns but have many .22 rifles and various center-fire handgun that I shoot regularly because I reload and have for about 32 yrs and the expense is important to me.

1. I am so glad you did! :thumbsup:
    2. It never entered my mind that you were knocking my purchase.
    3. Knowing what others have paid is very enlightening for me since I know nothing about this gun, only the name "Dan Wesson."
    4. I guy who bought a gun off me Monday, when I was telling him about it told me it was a fantastic shooter and for the price: spot-on. If he would have told me the price was highway robbery I would have run.
    6. I picked up an old H&R for $175 and it is a fantastic shooter, so I wouldn't spend too much for an old used revolver w/o some encouragement.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range Time:
    All 30 feet.
    S/A on top and middle
    DBL/A on Bottom
    Fk4I4J3.jpg

It doesn't do better than my Ruger GP100:
    All 30 feet
    S/A on top and middle
    DBL/A on Bottom
    Dvhomx7.jpg

The Taurus Tracker 990 does better than both:
    All 30 feet
    S/A on top and middle
    DBL/A on Bottom
    a1ZzHON.jpg

WoW! I don't know what happen DBL action in the lower left.

I'm going to put the Dan Wesson up for sale: it doesn't impress me with being any better than the Ruger GP100 or Taurus Tracker 990.
    I wanted to love it and see/feel the difference, but it is not there.
    I'll put an ad in tonight.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well, Areoflyer09 and I did get together at the range today and tried to get 2 hours of shooting done in 1 hour: hectic.
    We began and concentrated with .22LRs beginning with my Dan Wesson (4") and his Dan Wesson (8"), yes, TWICE the size of my barrel. :wallbash:
    I was go jealous: it is exactly what I wanted in a .22 range gun: a big long heavy monstrosity!!!
    Needless to say, his 8" Dan Wesson was more accurate at the 30' we were working with.
    I should have taken a pic of his Wesson: it makes mine look like a compact. :laugh:
    I could have taken pics and posted like I usually do, but just take my word for it.
    If I remember correctly, he could shoot mine better than I could.

I'll post about our semi-autos on another thread I have.

Top Bottom