• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    Been thinking about a boat for awhile. Wife saw one this week end, went and BOUGHT Tracker Tadpole 12 ft with Nissan 5 HP 4 stroke motor, trolling motor, and trailer for $850. Looks brand new and I know the guy pretty well. Anyway, it is my first boat, planning on Wabash river navigating/fishing. I have a lot to learn, but main question NOW: My grandson and I or my wife and I will exceed the MAXIMUM weight listed by probably 50 to 100 pounds. Do CO's ticket for overloaded boats on the Wabash? Thanks for you answers in advance.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Be very careful in that little boat.

This right here! ^^^

Dunno if you'll have CO problems, but I'd be a lot more worried about undercurrents, drowning, silver carp, losing all your stuff, etc.

hqdefault.jpg

I'd sure check with experienced people on whether that's enough boat for that water.

A man died a few hundred yards from me on flat water on Lake Lemon earlier this year. A wake from a pontoon capsized the jon boat and the poor fellow had a heart attack while struggling in the water.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don't do it. Just don't. Dad and I tried it and failed miserably doing something similar. We couldn't run above half power (on a 1.75hp) without water spilling over the transom.

ETA: and we werent overweight... we were still a solid 25 under/

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Check the weight capacity without the gas motor and fuel. If you pass weight restrictions and wear your vests, Greene Sullivan has some great electric motor only flat water lakes. I'd much rather start on flat water, not dealing with powerboat wakes or river currents.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    Well you have scared the hell out of me. I have no experience. Grandson is 20 and is bigger then me. Will try to get out of it, paid them but did not pick up yet. I can picture getting pinned against something cross ways to current and being pushed under. Dang Dang Dang I appreciate your comments (except for fishersjohn48 or whatever} Thanks

Last edited:

embmtxatl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Hendricks County
    I wouldn't do it. Its going to create an imbalance either in the front or back. So you will either have water close to coming over the transom or when you stop or hit a wave it might cause it to come over the bow.

Top Bottom