• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I can understand that, but the 15-22 is a load of fun. Add a red dot and that thing will make you think you can really shoot. All the fun of an AR, on the cheap, and I can shoot it at the range I am a member at (can't shoot the 223 there).

One day if suppressors are removed from the NFA, I may go that route with it, and just be hearing lead hitting steel and the bolt cycling.

Not saying that it's not fun. My buddy has one and I have shot it many times. Not knocking the gun . It is way cheaper to shoot then one of my AR's. Trust me. I think is a hoot to shoot. But I enjoy the levers a bit more then that. And I have a few guns that I like a bit more then my levers. But my levers are in the top 4 out of 40 or so that I have. I want a few more. might even weed out a few of the lesser shot ones to make it more practical. But then I haven't been known to be that practical about buying my guns. ;)

I am with you on the suppressors. I hope the law changes really soon!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I realized I hadn't taken my Henry to the range in months.
    I actually almost even forgot about it.
    With all the other handguns I'm buying I realized I'm not going to pursue rifles.
    With my sight the way it is, I can't even see the sight at the end of the barrel, much less the target down the lane.
    I took it to the range this evening when I tested out my Ruger Bearcat to see if I could part with it, and I can.
    I just can't see well enough to enjoy it and I feel silly putting the targets at 5, 7 and 10 yrds. for a rifle, since that is what I do for a handgun.
    I will sell it along with a list of some other guns I need to sell to make way for some keepers I have bought that I'll really use/shoot.
    I have a case I bought with it and will sell asking $325 when I get around to it between now and Spring Break.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sold it in less than a day. Again. :popcorn:
    There were a dozen messages of people wanting to buy it (should have put $350 on it instead of $325, but I broke even on it).
    The first person who said they wanted to buy it (instead of "interested") AND left a cell number was put on top of the list.
    There was a person a member here who wanted it, and I was excited about selling it to a member, but he was out of town for awhile and wanted me to deal with his wife, but didn't leave a number, so I moved on using my criteria of leaving a cell number.
    Too bad it didn't work out. Another member that I "know" through posts was interested bu the timing was off b/c he had another gun to buy first (he didn't know I was selling immediately).

First person I called couldn't get together until Sunday, and I simply told him it would be sold by then b/c there was so much interest in it.
    I've learned in life not to "hold" a gun (or anything else) for a future sale: life happens.
    The 2nd guy that left their number met me near my house (I told both of the people I called that I wouldn't travel: one was from up North and the other Greenfield).
    I met him after work and this was a guy (60 yrs. old) that had every gun he'd ever bought (mostly a shotgun and rifle guy).
    I asked him if he had a grandson to leave the Henry to and he said he did.

What I really appreciated was that he "oohed and ahhed" around about how perfect its presentation was.
    I told him, "I know, that's why I bought it: I couldn't help myself!"
    Nice that "my" gun went to a good permanent home.

Someone had left an email saying that they would give me $250, and I replied: "Me too, in fact, I would buy 10 of them."
    I told him must be a dealer or a flipper, and I enjoyed buying and selling for fun and profit, but I haven't seen much profit, ha!
    I got the usual $300 offer, that I expected, since I put $325 on it, but if you know me, I don't negotiate: I put what I want on it, period.
    I don't mind telling someone if the gun isn't worth the price, call back in a month and if it hasn't sold, I'll drop the price at that time.
    That always works: they buy it when they see I'm serious.
    Who would sell for $25 less when something has only been on the market for a few hours. :dunno:
    Once on a Heritage Single Six I put $110 on it (what I paid) and of course the buyer tried to get it for $100 b/c any normal person would ask $110 if they wanted $100. We both had a good laugh about it when I told him the gun would sell for $110 and thanked him for his interest and before I could say "Goodbye" he said he had to try but would take the gun, and I told him I would have done the same.
    I told him that like me, if he didn't like the gun he could just sell it for $110 like I did.
    Nothing wrong with the gun, I just found a Ruger Single 6 finally for $300, which is all I was willing to go.

Oh well, the process of buying, shooting and selling was invigorating. And, it will more than pay for the last gun I ordered. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom