• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Two weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and bought an h&k pistol. I have been drooling over them for years but could never bring myself to drop that kind of change on a pistol. I know, you get what you pay for, I have always loved my s&w m&p's and didn't want to spend the money every other time I have looked at the hk's. It is a p30L 9mm. First impression shooting it, WOW. Amazing. Smooth as silk, feels like a perfect extension of my hand. Two weeks in, a few more trips to the range shooting side by side with my smiths, still in love, wish I would have dropped the coin years ago. Approx 500 rounds through it so far and out shooting what I can do with my other pistols. Anyone on the fence like I was, if you can afford to do so, go ahead and take the leap, you wont regret it

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have an HK45, by far the "softest" shooting .45acp I have ever fired, and it seems like I hit everything I aim it at.
    Love my HK, and sounds as if you love yours as well. Great investment.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Lies. No HK pistol has a "smooth as silk" trigger. The double action is known for being on the crappy side of bad.

And I'm a bit jealous you got the L version. I have been wanting one for years. Finally, my LGS started stocking HKs and I picked up a standard P30.

You do understand that you have to look down your nose at everybody now, don't you?

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I've gone through a few HKs in my lifetime and still have a P30 v3 in 9mm and a 45c with LEM trigger. I like the LEM trigger, but I think I may be the only one in that department. The standard double action pull is a little rough, but I love their stuff (obviously :) )

grats!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I ended up with a P30S (9mm) as part of a trade (gun + $$$$) with a Brother of mine. Didn't need the thing, so didn't give much for it. MSRP on 'em is way over-priced, IMO. Like Sigs or worse, Wilson Combat. It's a friggin' tool, not a Faberge, LOL...

Trigger seems to be smooth enough, and double action is about 'typical' and on par with the FNH. Don't even mind the ambidextrous paddle release 'buttons'. Not a big fan of the hammer drop location as it's inconvenient for a lefty, but not unmanageable.

Hits what ya shoot at, same as every other handgun. I like it (hammer release notwithstanding) and I guess it has a 'cool factor' to some extent. Minimal recoil, and it 'sets' well on target, about the only 'demand' I have when looking at a potential addition. :yesway:

I guess these fall into the category of 'compacts', though it's a bit wider than the Glock 19 /23 / 32. It's certainly small than the FNH P45 or the S&W 629.

Works well in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC. One of these days I'll have a custom shoulder rig made for it by Rudy at Blackhills Leather. Rudy's done a couple others for me all 'fancy-schmancy', and I like his eye for aesthetics as well as quality of work.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Everyone generally complains about the price until they actually bite the bullet and buy one. On the used market, you can pick up USPs all day long for the price of a new glock, and in perfect condition.

They certainly come across as a utilitarian tool, as opposed to some mythical bullet slinger some people seem to regard them as. At their price point they're giving you a DA/SA trigger system, superior fit and finish, better materials, and some design advantages over most other comparable handguns on the market. They aren't a hand built custom, they're just a duty pistol.

As for the double action being less than perfect... Well, can you name a polymer frame DA/SA handgun with a perfect double action trigger? The only time I notice any inadequacy is when dry firing. On the range, I never notice the issues I detect when dry firing. It's long, heavy, and a little spongy, but considering that it's a polymer frame and it feels almost as smooth as a sig P226's trigger, I'd say that's quite an accomplishment.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Congrats!
    I like the design/looks of the P70L... it looks like a Walther PPQ, but that's probably where the similarities end.

HK makes quality guns... Now stuff it in your pants and carry the beast!

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Congrats! Actually just sold a P30LS myself, kinda regret it. Although, I just acquired a P30S online for 679 plus shipping...guess I'm back in the game lol. PS, if you get the chance to shoot the HK45, it may be your next HK...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You do understand that you have to look down your nose at everybody now, don't you?

HK owners can try all they want to look down their noses at CZ owners, but its hard to look down your nose and over your head at the same time.

Congrats OP. Never have cared for HK myself but its always nice to finally get that one pistol you have always wanted.

FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Lies. No HK pistol has a "smooth as silk" trigger. The double action is known for being on the crappy side of bad.

And I'm a bit jealous you got the L version. I have been wanting one for years. Finally, my LGS started stocking HKs and I picked up a standard P30.

I had my HK45 upgraded by Bruce Gray and it has the best trigger I've ever shot this side of a custom 1911.

FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    HK owners can try all they want to look down their noses at CZ owners, but its hard to look down your nose and over your head at the same time.

Congrats OP. Never have cared for HK myself but its always nice to finally get that one pistol you have always wanted.

I love the CZ 75. Great gun, particularly the SAO and the PCR.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Don't buy into that 'look down your nose crap'.

HK's are like an old girlfriend... Sexy good looks, silky smooth, dependable, always did what you wanted and you will miss her.

Listen to all the guys regretting letting one go. I was stupid once and sold a USPC to a friend, luckily he let me talk him in to selling it back to me. Now he misses it.

:ingo:

Top Bottom