• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I went with the wife and kid to Blythe's in Valpo on Sat. I would rather buy from a local store and plus Blythe's has a gun range, which happens to be the closest to me, that I know of.

I looked around for a couple minutes to see what they had, before I talked to anyone. I was happy they just let me look around with out feeling like I was being hounded by a sales person. I don't remember the name of the sales person, but he was very helpful. I gave him an idea of what I was looking for and he showed me different options.

One of which was the gun I bought, a used M&P 9 that looked in good shape. I looked at it for a few minutes, talked it over with the wife and said I would take it. I asked him if he could do $450 out the door and he said no. He walked over to get some papers and came back saying I can give it to you for $425 though plus taxes.

The box had everything with it, except the key for the cable lock. He sent someone to the back, who came out with a new cable lock and trigger lock saying I will need options once my son gets older( he is 7months). He also handed me a range pass. No complaints and they will definitely get my business in the future.

Once I got home I took the gun apart and gave it a good cleaning. It has a little bit of wear on the rails, but nothing else. It also seemed to be pretty dry. I can't wait to shoot it; just waiting on my LTCH.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    As said above, great gun and an awesome price. Don't worry about the "little bit of wear on the rails", more than likely it's just the bluing rubbing off, not actual wear so to speak. I have quite a few thousand rounds through mine and shoots just as well as the day I got it.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    Has anyone used steel cased ammo in a M&P? I know that it can sometimes cause extra wear, but I'm just curious if anyone has had experience with it.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    Update after shooting it.

I took it to the range on Sat, with the wife. It was the wife's first time shooting a handgun. She did really well and out shot me in our game of Tic-Tac-Toe. That not hard to do has it was only my third time shooting a handgun. I tend to shoot low left unless I concentrate on pulling the trigger nice a smooth. I would guess I'm jerking the trigger rather then squeezing till shot goes off.

I put 100 rounds of WWB and 50 rounds of PMC. The gun had no problems with either brand. I need to find a better place to buy ammo. It was $13 for the PMC. Blythe's does sell some reloaded ammo, I think its precision, for around $10 a box. But they were out on Sat. I guess I will check out wal mart next time.

I think I have a problem though. As I am already thinking of ways to get a 22LR so I can shoot more. Time to find more stuff to sell.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    Great choice for your first firearm. Congratulations.

As far as using steel-cased ammo, it really shouldn't gurt your gun much at all. However, if you put a couple thousand steel-cases through your weapon, you may decrease the life of your extractor/ejector slightly; but it's going to be borderline un-noticeable. And they are easy and inexpensive parts to replace.

My general rule of thumb is to not give a crap about steel cased ammo. The only problem I see with modern arms is that you can't reload the empty cases.

~LT

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have used at least 500 rounds of the steel cased TulAmmo from Wally world. Runs fine through my MP9 and it's just under $10 a box.

Top Bottom