• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Like I said, you gotta do what you gotta do. Take some training classes and you'll do in practice what you do in training. If you train with an instructor who knows what he's talking about, you'll be all the safer for it.

I try not to be judgemental. Everyone is different. There are universal rules for handling guns, but everyone has to interpret them in a manner they are comfortable with. We all have our own internal truths for things that we go by. As long as what you do makes sense to you and doesn't hurt anyone else, I'm okay with it, even if it's different from what I do. If you train with an external safety enough, it's unlikely you'll ever have an issue with it.

Right there with you. To each their own and train with what and how you carry. Each person has their own requirements and there are plenty of hardware configurations out there to meet those.

Though I will say, the cause of this:

Decades ago I had a friend shoot himself in the leg, and another discharge a gun in the house accidentally b/c of handling guns w/o the safety on that were loaded.

Was not due to handling a gun without the safety on, but rather in unsafe gun handling. Unless one of Kirk's often mentioned complete multiple hardware failures was in play, and even then, this should not have occurred.

Again, I don't discourage anyone if they want a safety, etc. But don't blame an issue on the safety not being engaged. The safety not being on, is not what pulled the trigger while pointing the gun at something that it should not have been pointing at.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally made it to Point Blank, and checked in on Atkinson Firearms while near there.
    I bought a 9 round magazine for $48 (w/tax): outrageous!
    The gun only cost me a little more than that. :lmfao:
    I paid too much, but if I buy mags, I want the ones from the Ruger.
    I still could have saved $10 ordering online, even with shipping, but I was supporting the LGS. :dunno:
    I have heard how the last two rounds were impossible to load.
    Loading with my Maglula mag loader was easy.
    When I loaded it by hand, the last one was more difficult.

q2R9QCg.jpg

zSRQGqr.jpg

Pic with the 9 round in the gun: nice! I really couldn't believe the purchase on the Ruger with the 9 round mag in it.
    I can't wait to see if it improves my accuracy.
    The 12 round mag in the Sig P365 did improve my shots as compared to the 10 round mag.
    Any4eIy.jpg

26P6ak8.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My SO carries a LC9s. I shot it last time. Couldn’t get my grubby mitts off the slide. Keep failing to feed because of it. Geometry was all wrong and I couldn’t get through a mag with it with a thumbs forward grip. She shot it ok though.

Had a pretty OK trigger for a cheap stock gun too. Had some noticeable striker follow on takeup, but didn’t feel horrible. Not gritty at all on the one she has.

Stock sights were garbage. I’d throw them right in the trash.

Overall.....I saw no reason to buy one with S&W shields going for $250 shipped when PSA has sales. The Ruger is a far less quality build. You can tell they cheaped out on a lot when you take them down to clean. Felt like a large size LCP.....

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My SO carries a LC9s. I shot it last time. Couldn’t get my grubby mitts off the slide. Keep failing to feed because of it. Geometry was all wrong and I couldn’t get through a mag with it with a thumbs forward grip. She shot it ok though.
    Had a pretty OK trigger for a cheap stock gun too. Had some noticeable striker follow on takeup, but didn’t feel horrible. Not gritty at all on the one she has.

1. Yes, the sights need help: I'm going to use fluorescent gun paint on the front sights: a red or green. I've had to do it on many guns, especially older ones that come with just iron sights (if I'm using the correct terminology), and I can't see with them.
    2. The Ruger LC9s has what I'm referring to as does my SW 41.

Overall.....I saw no reason to buy one with S&W shields going for $250 shipped when PSA has sales. The Ruger is a far less quality build. You can tell they cheaped out on a lot when you take them down to clean. Felt like a large size LCP.....

3. The Shield was my favorite semi-auto CC until I discovered the Sig P365.

doubleeagle4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    East Central

I got excited about the $250 Shield from PSA until I figured out you have to pay shipping and tax. $285 before FFL fee just isn't that great of a deal on the Shield.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I've had an LC9s for a couple of years. The 9 round mag and a Talon grip made a world of difference for me. My wife prefers the 7 rounders in her's, and I can shoot them well enough, but the 9's fit my larger hands just about perfectly.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I might have missed this OP, but why would you not carry a 365 with a round in the chamber, they are designed that way. As long as it is holstered, and handled safely I see no problem, I guess personal choice. Good deal on the Ruger, saw that on here too, pretty nice shooting also!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I might have missed this OP, but why would you not carry a 365 with a round in the chamber, they are designed that way. As long as it is holstered, and handled safely I see no problem, I guess personal choice. Good deal on the Ruger, saw that on here too, pretty nice shooting also!!

I used a DeSanti Superfly pocket holster with the 365 and I didn't want to be reaching in my pocket and pulling it out w/o a safety on it, which they are supposed to be coming out with on the 365.
    I have a CC smaller and one larger than the 365, so I might not even buy one when they come out: we'll see.

shopping

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    the LC9 was discontinued so that the EC9 could be released. A cheaper version of the LC9, the EC9 is sped through production with a lesser quality finish and internal machining. They shipped the lc9 with 2 mags, the Ec9 ships with one. This seems to be as confusing for some (even for those with the big letter E on the slide) as the line of Kahr pistols. Which is premium? And why? Who knows.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just realized today that the one I bought was the EC9s not the LC9S. :dunno:
    I never did pay alot of attention to it, since the price was fine for the cheaper EC9s anyway.
    I think I was using the terms interchangeably.
    33e3Rhy.jpg

Any4eIy.jpg

26P6ak8.jpg

Top Bottom