• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Ever time I see this thread and the other thread I have have to double check to make sure I am not on one of the car forums I frequent. :)

Congrats on the new gun. It looks really nice.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I wonder if they still have the bushing/guide rod issues? Once you replace them with an upgraded set they're usually flawless. I had the regular gsg version several years ago and it was a hoot, enjoy!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if they still have the bushing/guide rod issues? Once you replace them with an upgraded set they're usually flawless. I had the regular gsg version several years ago and it was a hoot, enjoy!

1. The previous owner bought the kit that had the bushing/guide and a certain screw that solved issues.
    2. I have the little labeled bags the parts came in and there are even a couple bags with things in them that I'll have to ask about what they are for, here on the forum.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    1. The previous owner bought the kit that had the bushing/guide and a certain screw that solved issues.2. I have the little labeled bags the parts came in and there are even a couple bags with things in them that I'll have to ask about what they are for, here on the forum.
    You should be good to go then, that was the only issue I ever had with mine. I probably should have kept mine but I needed a pistol Indiucky had for an old military shoot so it flew the coup. Wasn't ammo picky either IIRC.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You should be good to go then, that was the only issue I ever had with mine. I probably should have kept mine but I needed a pistol Indiucky had for an old military shoot so it flew the coup. Wasn't ammo picky either IIRC.

1. I certainly understand the "need" for another pistol. :laugh:
    2. I have to try out my other Smith 64 so I'll know which to sell: 64-7 or 64-8.
    3. The fact that one has Hogue grips could make the difference, but I probably won't be able to tell, and with my 22s I won't shoot the 38s much since shells are x4-x10 more depending (5-10 cents ea./22 vs. 35-45 cents ea.38)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I saw online at Marksman Shooting, where the owner, Chris, had for sale and sold a Colt (made by Baretta) a 1911-22 for $200 that I would have bought.
    I like doing business with him, bought my first gun off him in May.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    On a thread I started about Sig Sauer 1911-22 Disassembly I have told my journey in having to replace parts from CW Accessories with new parts that actually fit from ZR Tactical Solutions in Noblesville.
    I spent $100 to have the CW parts cut out and parts that fit smooth as butter put in and correct some scoring that was happening due to faulty parts.
    Evidently, when Dddrees put in the upgraded parts in the Sig (standard procedure to address weaknesses), he simply chose the wrong company (CW Accessories) to get the parts from b/c they weren't machined to exact specs but were too tight, making disassembly impossible.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Took the Sig to the range today, the first time since I put in the correct size upgrade parts from ZRT Solutions, the ones from CW Accessories being CRAP.
    Cost me $100 to correct the problem from a gun never shot according to the previous owner Dddrees, which I bought for $200 and was so excited.
    Excitement gone now that I have a $300 gun instead of a $200 one.
    I do love the 1911-22 concept, and hopefully, I will try to enjoy a gun that I have too much money invested (by my standards).
    Buying a newish gun and having to spend $100 to fix it so it can be disassembled for cleaning is unbelievable where I come from.
    I have seen 2 Colts (made by Walther) sell for $200 in Westfield at Marksman Shooting Sports by Chirs, the owner, and when I was at my range (Point Blank in Carmel) I saw a Puma for $239 (their prices on used guns way too high compared to Marksman Shooting).
    I would love to have this gun in a better quality but I guess they sell for over a grand: not going to happen.

Top Bottom