• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You are missing the barrel retention screw. That empty hole should have an allen head in it to retain the barrel. Look at the other pics in the thread and you will see it. Get it in the gun ASAP.

1. Good catch, but as with my Sig Sauer 1911-22 and the same with the GSG 1911, when a certain upgrade is done (I forget which one it was and what it is called) that screw is no longer needed b/c it is circumvented by the upgrade.
    2. To get the proper terminology that you would understand (since I haven't the technical grasp), and I have forgotten, I'd have to call Zack back at ZRT and ask him about it.
    3. I also read about it online, how that was an improvement on the design where you had to have an Allen screw to disassemble it, but no more after the upgrade, which, when in the field, if you didn't have it or lost it, you were undone, but now (with the upgrade) you were good to go for on-demand disassembly.
    4. Appreciate you mentioning it, though, b/c that was a legitimate observation. :thumbsup:

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    Correct, do NOT reinstall the screw with our upgrades. It causes excessive side pressure on the lower lug. The pin/slide stop provide the fixation on the proximal end, and the bushing, SAC stabilize the muzzle.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Correct, do NOT reinstall the screw with our upgrades. It causes excessive side pressure on the lower lug. The pin/slide stop provide the fixation on the proximal end, and the bushing, SAC stabilize the muzzle.

1. Thanks so much for your clarification. :thumbsup:
    2. I have neither the experience nor education to assimilate the above information, I just knew that 2 of my 1911 guns with the ZRT upgrades did not have that screw and I was told it didn't need it. :coffee:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I had no idea. Never did the upgrades on one of these but have owned several.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had no idea. Never did the upgrades on one of these but have owned several.

1. Hey, like I tell my students when I don't know a question in Social Studies that is on the Test:
    There are 1 million things to know in Social Studies, and I only know 100,000 of them, but I'll look it up and now know 100,001 things.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Hey, like I tell my students when I don't know a question in Social Studies that is on the Test:
    There are 1 million things to know in Social Studies, and I only know 100,000 of them, but I'll look it up and now know 100,001 things.

Nah......I put 1 more in the hard drive (brain) and loose 2 or 3. Getting :oldwise: sucks.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom