• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Cabelas sells ready to go bowfishing bows, but you can make them yourself, I like my High Country Sniper bow, that I got tuned down to a 50# pull instead of a 75. And I put a Zebco reel on it with some good nylon line.

0710092323.jpg

0710092323a.jpg

0710092324.jpg

0710092324a.jpg

I have taken many a carp on that very rig. I love it.

o Mr Cadillac o

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Greenwood
    I bet they are nice and expensive at Cabella's. I already have a couple Bow's so I might just add the reel like you did. Pretty cool man! Thanks for the pictures.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Yea any bow will work to start out. IMO a bow that pulls 45-50 pounds would work for shooting from the bank, as most shots are longer. For shooting from a boat 30-35 pounds works much better, shots are shorter and shots are usually at a steeper angle and when you miss arrow doesn't stick 6 inches into bottom and is easier to pull out. I have a 50# for bank shooting and as a backup and a 33# for my main bow as I mainly shoot from a boat now.
    Plus a heavier poundage bow will flat wear you out when you are on the fish.
    Good luck, have fun, and shoot low.;)

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Yea any bow will work to start out. IMO a bow that pulls 45-50 pounds would work for shooting from the bank, as most shots are longer. For shooting from a boat 30-35 pounds works much better, shots are shorter and shots are usually at a steeper angle and when you miss arrow doesn't stick 6 inches into bottom and is easier to pull out. I have a 50# for bank shooting and as a backup and a 33# for my main bow as I mainly shoot from a boat now.
    Plus a heavier poundage bow will flat wear you out when you are on the fish.
    Good luck, have fun, and shoot low.;)

Theres the hint. :yesway: :D

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I went with a pse kingfisher ordered from cabelas. It's ok for the price. Really heavy after a while of walking with it. If I were to do it again, I would buy a lighter weight recurve in about 45 or 50lb draw. I am also using a zebco 808 bowfishing reel and the muzzy "hook" rest. Works pretty well. Have one friend who shoots a browning barracuda with the ams retriever reel and whisker biscuit bowfishing rest. Very nice set-up for sure. Another friend uses a nice bear recurve with the same reel as I use, and shoots off the shelf. "Impales more scales" than my other friend and I, but he's also a better shot. I guess just find something you like and practice and you will be in great shape.
    downsize-5.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom