• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Riley Conservation Club will be hosting a Bowling Pin Shoot on Tuesday afternoon, Oct 14, 2014. Our matches are open to anyone who can safely handle a firearm. You do not have to be a member of the club to shoot. Sign up will start at 5pm, with shooters meeting at 5:25PM. We hope to be shooting by 5:30PM. We will be shooting 3 divisions if there are people wanting to shoot them. There will be .22 Rifle, .22 Pistol and Center Fire Pistol. We operate under "COLD RANGE" Rules. That means please do not arrive with any loaded firearms. You may have loaded magazines, but please do not have them in your weapons. WE want all shooters to bring their guns to the line to shoot in a bag or holster, this includes rifles. Entry fee for each division you wish to shoot will be $8. A portion of the entry fees will be paid back as prize money. For whatever gun you wish to shoot, 100 to 150 rounds for each gun should be plenty. For more information, send me a PM or email me. My email address is TerreHauteGolf@gmail.com Thanks, Scott Whittenburg, Bowling Pin Match Director

Course of fire will be a heads up, bracket style shoot. Shooter vs Shooter. For .22 LR pistols, we will load magazines with 9 rounds, each shooter is allowed 2 magazines, each will have a table with 5 pin heads on it, at the start command, each shooter will try to shoot off their pin heads. The first shooter to knock their pin heads on the ground will be the winner and advance out the bracket. If both shooters fail to knock off all their pin heads, the shooter who has knocked more off the table will be the winner. If both have knocked off the same number, there will be a shoot off. Depending on how many shooters attend, we may do a double elimination shoot. For center fire pistols, we will load magazines with 6 rounds each, each shooter may have 3 magazines. We again will have tables with 5 full size bowling pins and the first to get their 5 bowling pins on the ground will win that stage. For .22 LR rifle shooters, we will allow up to 18 rounds in a magazine or tube. These are the BASIC RULES and may be TWEAKED by the Match Director. We will shoot at a distance of approximately 25 feet. My plan is to conduct this shoot in Bay 2.
    :ar15:

Last edited:

VTDad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Terre Haute
    We will start the match at 5:30 PM sharp. We will start with Rimfire Pistol, then Centerfire Pistol, then complete with Rimfire Rifle. If you can't make it at 5:30 that is OK. Come as soon as you can. If you arrive before the start of one of the other classes, we will put you in.

If someone can be there by 5:00 to help me carry the tables to Bay 2, I would appreciate it.

This is your opportunity to get one more match in before the snow flies...

VTDad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Terre Haute
    The weather cooperated and we did get the match in. Thanks to the participants for braving the weather and the audience for watching.

Keep watching for posts next spring because we plan to do this event through the week about twice a month next year. We may tweek the rules and the start time next year. We definitely want to hold the contest on a week night. The event can go quick with lots of action. The response has been terrific. Thanks to Carson Arms for sponsoring our events this year.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom