• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Riley Conservation Club will be hosting a Bowling Pin Shoot on Tuesday afternoon, Sept 16, 2014. Our matches are open to anyone who can safely handle a firearm. You do not have to be a member of the club to shoot. Sign up will start at 5pm, with shooters meeting at 5:25PM. We hope to be shooting by 5:30PM. We will be shooting 3 divisions if there are people wanting to shoot them. There will be .22 Rifle, .22 Pistol and Center Fire Pistol. We operate under "COLD RANGE" Rules. That means please do not arrive with any loaded firearms. You may have loaded magazines, but please do not have them in your weapons. Entry fee for each division you wish to shoot will be $8. A portion of the entry fees will be paid back as prize money. For whatever gun you wish to shoot, 100 to 150 rounds for each gun should be plenty. For more information, send me a PM or email me. My email address is TerreHauteGolf@gmail.com Thanks, Scott Whittenburg, Bowling Pin Match Director
    :ar15:

Last edited:

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Course of fire will be a heads up, bracket style shoot. Shooter vs Shooter. For .22 LR pistols, we will load magazines with 9 rounds, each shooter is allowed 2 magazines, each will have a table with 5 pin heads on it, at the start command, each shooter will try to shoot off their pin heads. The first shooter to knock their pin heads on the ground will be the winner and advance out the bracket. If both shooters fail to knock off all their pin heads, the shooter who has knocked more off the table will be the winner. If both have knocked off the same number, there will be a shoot off. Depending on how many shooters attend, we may do a double elimination shoot. For center fire pistols, we will load magazines with 6 rounds each, each shooter may have 3 magazines. We again will have tables with 5 full size bowling pins and the first to get their 5 bowling pins on the ground will win that stage. For .22 LR rifle shooters, we will allow up to 18 rounds in a magazine or tube. These are the BASIC RULES and may be TWEAKED by the Match Director. We will shoot at a distance of approximately 25 feet. My plan is to conduct this shoot in Bay 2.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For those who plan to shoot either a .22LR handgun or rifle, will you allow the use of optical sights? Or does everything need to be shot with iron sights?

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Can't make this one because of work. Will this be every month? If so, I might be able to make the next one.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    I'm going to answer a couple of questions here. We are going to have these shoots in Sept and Oct of this year, we hope to have them April thru Oct next year depending on participation and resources. Some might ask why on a Tues afternoon/evening, because it's another chance to shoot and some folks can't make weekend shoots. To answer the other question, we are going to start from the "Low Ready" position, quite possibly with a "Point of Aim Flag". To possibly head off another question, for .22 LR caliber pistols and rifles, we are going to shoot "PINHEADS", for center fire handguns we will be shooting full size bowling pins.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I like it and it sounds like fun. It will tough for me to make it time wise but I am going to put it on the calendar and try to show up and support the club. It would be nice to see a bunch of Riley members out there.

Top Bottom