• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    during normal pins it is only 8 rounds in the mag at a time. Optics gives you another pin. So it levels to field. (I believe it is 8 rounds). not sure what will happen with the texas star.

8 rounds is correct. Since there isn't a way to add an extra plate to the TX Star, I don't think we'll be able to allow weapons with optics as part of the compettion. (Or rifles for that matter.)

I will try to carry over as many of the Bowling Pins rules as possible to avoid confusion.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    How about this method of adding a virtual plate: Shooter 1 has Optics and Shooter Iron Sights; Shooter 1 has to wait until Shooter 2 fire his first shot before he can start shooting; need to add two plates then wait until two shots are fired.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    8 rounds is correct. Since there isn't a way to add an extra plate to the TX Star, I don't think we'll be able to allow weapons with optics as part of the compettion. (Or rifles for that matter.)

I will try to carry over as many of the Bowling Pins rules as possible to avoid confusion.

Please give me a clarification on this and other rules..... I might be limited to a Glock 19 out of my current weapons that I have enough (cheap) ammo and mags for if optics are disallowed.....

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Please give me a clarification on this and other rules..... I might be limited to a Glock 19 out of my current weapons that I have enough (cheap) ammo and mags for if optics are disallowed.....

Here is a link to the basic rules:

http://www.indyrange.org/media/Bowling_Pin_Shooting_Rules_9.14.09.pdf

A few things are out-of-date (i.e. start time) and a few things won't apply (i.e. Major vs. Minor calibers) to shooting TX Stars.

Currently we limit shooters to 8 rounds per magazine. When shooting real pins we add a 6th pin to the table when someone uses a handgun with an optical sight. However, it is not possible to add a 6th plate to a TX Star as there are only 5 arms on the darn thing.

Unless we do something like SingleSix suggests to compensate for the advantage that someone shooting a pistol with optics will have, I think it would be unfair to have two shooters competing against each other when only one person has optics.

If people like SingleSix's idea, I'm open something like that. My goal is simply to put on a fun, safe match

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Would it be a bad idea to start the shooter without optics with four plates and leave all five on for the shooter with optics?

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Would it be a bad idea to start the shooter without optics with four plates and leave all five on for the shooter with optics?

How about we use the same number of plates but the optic shooter gets to start with his star already spinning at high speed?

Andrew68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Can I use a .22? I had heard that for bowling pins we would shoot at the Pin "head" but I don't know what the Texas Star is? Sounds fun to go head to head, I want to try it.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can I use a .22? I had heard that for bowling pins we would shoot at the Pin "head" but I don't know what the Texas Star is? Sounds fun to go head to head, I want to try it.

This is the TX Star we have. According to the manufacturer's YouTube video, you can knock the plates off with a .22LR shot from a rifle, BUT you have to double tap.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hOd0P2h6m8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Never done any type of speed shooting or competition style shooting. I will definitely be there shooting some single stack and see how I do!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom