• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    You know how to solve this problem guys...have the texas star in next months FNS and we can all play with it then too. As far as the bowling pin match this weekend. I agree with Chuck and SingleSix. But i do want to use my PCR with optics on the star, so make it have an appearance in FNS soon!

It would require us to use one of the open bays off of the main field which I don't think they want to do. Otherwise we would have to call the entire line hot/cold after each string on the star.

Trust me, I wish it could happen too. I need practice on the star for USPSA and is the main selling point for me coming to this match :ingo:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It would require us to use one of the open bays off of the main field which I don't think they want to do. Otherwise we would have to call the entire line hot/cold after each string on the star.

Trust me, I wish it could happen too. I need practice on the star for USPSA and is the main selling point for me coming to this match :ingo:

I have seen it happen. They did use one of the bays out front. I wasn't there, but I think someone posted a video...or something. I swear i remember seeing it happen.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I have seen it happen. They did use one of the bays out front. I wasn't there, but I think someone posted a video...or something. I swear i remember seeing it happen.

You are correct, it absolutely did happen. They made it a huge course of fire that included the Texas star. Only one string due to the round count, and if I remember right it was a 90 second max time limit. (30x3=90)

It was a good time, but that was back when I sucked more than I do now. I distinctly remember getting a 90 lol.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    You are correct, it absolutely did happen. They made it a huge course of fire that included the Texas star. Only one string due to the round count, and if I remember right it was a 90 second max time limit. (30x3=90)

It was a good time, but that was back when I sucked more than I do now. I distinctly remember getting a 90 lol.

Hopefully they will do something similar in the next few months.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since this is the first month that MCF&G has had the ability to do this type of a match, let's say officially that we will shoot TX Stars even if the weather is warm enough to shoot pins.

Also, because this is the first time to use TX Stars we better keep it simple. Pistols with iron sights only this month. If things go smoothly, we'll consider an accommodation to allow pistols with optic sights in the future. Like a normal bowling pin match everybody will be limited to 8 rounds per mag.

I suggest bringing leather work gloves. We're going to need help resetting the targets to keep the match running smoothly. If the ground is even a little damp, it will get muddy in a hurry. And muddy paws are not conducive to fast, accurate fire.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Since this is the first month that MCF&G has had the ability to do this type of a match, let's say officially that we will shoot TX Stars even if the weather is warm enough to shoot pins.

Also, because this is the first time to use TX Stars we better keep it simple. Pistols with iron sights only this month. If things go smoothly, we'll consider an accommodation to allow pistols with optic sights in the future. Like a normal bowling pin match everybody will be limited to 8 rounds per mag.

I suggest bringing leather work gloves. We're going to need help resetting the targets to keep the match running smoothly. If the ground is even a little damp, it will get muddy in a hurry. And muddy paws are not conducive to fast, accurate fire.
    GOOD idea...

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    OK... this will be my first bowling pin match and everyone's first TX Star... I have read the rules and description.... and did not find...

I asked previously... but was lost in a mire of optics questions and comments...

Will some one please tell me the distance from Shooter to Target......?

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I went to get in some practice....... and I feel I will be an easy mark tomorrow. Other than my open class guns..... all I have to fit the bill is my Glock 19.... My EDC with no slick trigger work and defensive based sights.....
    Six inch targets at 30 feet were a bit tough...

joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    I think most shooters are more than adequately supplied for a typical bowling pin match with 100 rounds.

However, TX Stars can be pesky things...

Yea I've heard that can be a pain. But also its good fun. And im all about having fun! I'm pretty sure I will make an apperance. See you guys there.:ar15:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    FYI, I just talked to John (our Match Director) and we moved the shooting to the North Bay instead of the main range in order to give us better footing (and make it so we don't have to carry stuff so far). I updated the club calendar too.

Top Bottom