• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Not only do I fail to see the point/need for having these, I'm just curious as to if they'd be allowed in bow season? For those that don't want to watch the video, it seems to be like a boom stick attached to an arrow for hunting purposes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAFcl3SamHc

For me, I'd be a little nervous hunting with one on the off chance I dropped one from my stand, fell with one, etc... Not to mention I can't imagine attracting. 300-400 grain "broadband" on the tip of my arrow and be able to get it to stabilize.

So what do you guys think?

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    This made me laugh. I have to question the true power of the round when it is not truly supported in the back. In the video the guy pulled the bullet out of the boar but I would normally expect the round to go through the boar if fired at that range from a pistol.

Also, I believe a broadhead would pass through as well.

If any one gets some or has used this, please let us know what you find

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Still have to lob an arrow to deliver the cartridge to be then fired on contact.
    Better to just use a gun and send the bullet in flatter trajectory and maybe with added accuracy (optics system, trigger etc).

Looks like felons trying to use bullets for bacon IMHO.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    In the video the guy pulled the bullet out of the boar but I would normally expect the round to go through the boar if fired at that range from a pistol.

Also, I believe a broadhead would pass through as well.

Still have to lob an arrow to deliver the cartridge to be then fired on contact.
    Better to just use a gun and send the bullet in flatter trajectory and maybe with added accuracy (optics system, trigger etc).

Looks like felons trying to use bullets for bacon IMHO.

And those are exactly why I see them as pointless. If you still have to shoot an arrow, I'd rather have a razor sharp broadband that I know will blow through a shoulder and out the other side.

If you want to use a bullet, a gun is FAR more efficient in accuracy and power when it comes from a firearm with an actual barrel.

Next question...........do you need to fill out a 4473?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    An arrow delivers the cartridge carrier.
    Contact sets it off.
    I'm thinking that falls outside of BATF firearm status.
    Now some states do have hunting rules against exploding arrowheads......

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Well it does look like I would be a lot of fun to try out. I wonder if they are good for multiply uses or it's one and done? It could be a lot of fun to use on ground hogs in the summer if it actually works.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    An arrow delivers the cartridge carrier.
    Contact sets it off.
    I'm thinking that falls outside of BATF firearm status.
    Now some states do have hunting rules against exploding arrowheads......

Indiana does has a law against it...at least for deer and turkeys

Its a gimmick that wont fly ;)

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Ok, this literally had me laughing out loud..... This is what happens when you give rednecks enough time and money, lol. That being said, I want one...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    And those are exactly why I see them as pointless. If you still have to shoot an arrow, I'd rather have a razor sharp broadband that I know will blow through a shoulder and out the other side.

If you want to use a bullet, a gun is FAR more efficient in accuracy and power when it comes from a firearm with an actual barrel.

Next question...........do you need to fill out a 4473?

Bad pun of the day sir. I saw that last night but let it slip :)

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I feel feel like Rambo with this:rockwoot:

I think it is kinda silly, but it would be fun to try out. The only problem I see with this is with such a heavy broadhead, you will need a very stiff arrow so that it doesn't fly in a twisted motion and fire the bullet in an unintended direction.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Guy had one of the Hoyt Ram Bows (later named Rambo) when they first came out. It was an 80# model, but he shimmed it to go 98#. Had a Calmont bag target out back of the shop, he left it for us to play with. I shot it off and on all day...........slept very well that night!

Saw a camo Rambo for restring at my local archery shop a couple months ago. if for sale I'd have bought it. Decent fingers rigs.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    The next time I'm hunting the Predator in the jungles of South America, I'll remember to bring a quiver of these.....but for whitetail...I'll stick to my Muzzy's!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    IIRC he Rambo used the old NAP Razorback broadhead safety shields filled with "explosives" in the movie. The arrows were 2 pc aluminum Eastons that had a bungee cord in them to keep the halves together, think they didn't screw together, but had a snug slipover fit (stepped shaft).
    Been a while, had a few beers since I last watched that terrible show.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I have been trying to see if these are even available anywhere. I don't shoot bow anymore. At least not seriously and I don't think these even exsist anymore. Only forums talking about them, nothing else.

Does anyone know if they exsist in the market?

I saw them while watching the outdoor channel. I can't remember the show, but when it went on a commercial break, this ad ran a couple of times.

I have not physically seen one or know of who stocks them though.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    I have been trying to see if these are even available anywhere. I don't shoot bow anymore. At least not seriously and I don't think these even exsist anymore. Only forums talking about them, nothing else.

Does anyone know if they exsist in the market?

Come on nw i know you shoit a bow.... sure the 1 tattered hanging on by a thread fleatching arrow dubbed "whistleing kitty chasser" on a 10 year old no sights spray painted compound may make some think you dont shoot seriously but have some respect for yourself.

Top Bottom