• ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    You'll squirt your eye out kid! :lmfao:

You'll squirt your eye out!
    You'll squirt your eye out!

youll-shoot-your-eye-out-a-christmas-story-pink-bunny-outfit-oh-fudge-rkvc.jpg

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Someone mentioned names earlier and brought up Redskins and the controversy over their name. Why is it the gov has a hissy fit over a football teams name yet has attack helis like Apache and Comanche????
    As far as scouts banning water guns, does it really surprise anyone?????

Matt

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Someone mentioned names earlier and brought up Redskins and the controversy over their name. Why is it the gov has a hissy fit over a football teams name yet has attack helis like Apache and Comanche????
    As far as scouts banning water guns, does it really surprise anyone?????

Matt

I'm sure they're getting to that. As soon as they get politically correct minded people in the place of the racist war machine namers, we'll have politically correct names for those too.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Never said they were the same...

Should have said. Well hell...why don't they just let child molesters in TOO...

Sorry for the confusion...

Okay, but what do gays and child molesters have to do with each other? I'm not seeing how one would follow from the other.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good afternoon chaps, I have traveled to the future to see where this line of discussion takes us.

Oh dear it's an awful place. Awful and horrid indeed. Fenway came back from his vacation to throw around the ban hammer, too! The other mods couldn't handle the number of infractions and bans required.

So I am here to warn you, from the future!... Maybe try to steer clear of the "slippery slope" portion of this discussion! It's a conversation to be had... but at another time!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Good afternoon chaps, I have traveled to the future to see where this line of discussion takes us.

Oh dear it's an awful place. Awful and horrid indeed. Fenway came back from his vacation to throw around the ban hammer, too! The other mods couldn't handle the number of infractions and bans required.

So I am here to warn you, from the future!... Maybe try to steer clear of the "slippery slope" portion of this discussion! It's a conversation to be had... but at another time!

giphy.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You traveled to the future to see this? AYFKM? You mean it never occurred to you to check stock prices? If I went to the future the direction of this thread is the last thing on my mind.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    You traveled to the future to see this? AYFKM? You mean it never occurred to you to check stock prices? If I went to the future the direction of this thread is the last thing on my mind.

The would mess up the space/time continuum .... the results would be catastrophic

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Dear Future Dude,

Uh...HOW ABOUT INFO WE CAN USE??? Like next week's winning Powerball numbers??

Signed,

Lucky Lotto Man

RAMMAN2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    You guys can rag on the BSA as much as you want, but it is STILL the largest (and best, IMO) organization in existance promoting leadership training and outdoor skills. We still teach camping, cooking, backpacking, canoeing, first aid, leadership, wilderness survival in addition to shooting skills and firearm safety. It is changing, as is the world we live in, but it is STILL an excellent organization for young men. And being outdoors sure beats the heck out of the latest electronic video-game fad today.

Besides, though BSA may disallow paint-ball, and now apparently squirtguns :rolleyes:, there is nothing preventing good friends that happen to be involved in scouting organizing a 'paint-ball war' or good old fashioned squirt-gun fight.

As a Eagle Scout. I love Boy Scouts. I remember not being able to play tackle football. BSA regulations only let us play flag football. So us boys went into a field away from camp and play normal football. Boys will be boys and a lot of good scout leaders know that. I still love Boy Scouts and when my son gets old enough I want him to join. You just have to pick the right troop like me and my dad did. :chest:

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Eagle Scouts join as an E-2 instead of E-1 unless things have changed.
    This is still true.

Matt

I would guess because those weapon systems are held in high regard and respected by those that pilot them especially when it involves the calculated taking of life. Whereas football, despite how serious the players and fans may be, is just a game.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I would guess because those weapon systems are held in high regard and respected by those that pilot them especially when it involves the calculated taking of life. Whereas football, despite how serious the players and fans may be, is just a game.

It's no longer a game. In a game either player has a shot at winning, in the NFL today the game is decided before the coin is tossed. Cheating is the new NFL standard. It's like Championship Rasslers driving NASCAR cars...not a real sport.

Top Bottom