• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Why do the gays have to be so boisterous about there sexual orientation. I could care less what u like to stick your thing in just keep it at home and not in my face. Any gay person that is for "Gay Rights" is a idiot and a hypocrite. There is only individual rights and that is it. They are upset the government will not let them do what they want (marry ect...) and then they want that same government to force others to do what they do not want to do (to consider gays married ect...). Lets just get the government out of it and then each can do what ever they want and each can believe what ever they like. I feel bad for the boy scouts cause it is supposed to be about making these kids better people not about some subgroup of Americans trying to force everyone to accept what they consider there "rights". Which do not exist (there rights).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So much I want to say but little I will.
    He knew what the regulations were. He lied/openly professed his gayness....really. Now he is all butt hurt (yeah, I said it) over his infractions.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    So much I want to say but little I will.
    He knew what the regulations were. He lied/openly professed his gayness....really. Now he is all butt hurt (yeah, I said it) over his infractions.

But now how are all those scouts gonna get their merit badges for Show Tunes and Interior Decorating?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Molestation has been an ongoing problem in the BSA for decades. They've gone out of their way to cover up the events. Having gay scoutmasters or lesbian den mothers would change nothing. The molesters in these cases were nice, upright middle class heterosexuals, not gays or lesbians.

I'll grant you that point, pedophiles can wear many disguises, like priests or football coaches for example.

Knowingly hiring gay scoutmasters though is asking for trouble, it's just the way people are going to react and law firms are going to make money with that. It wouldn't surprise me if the BSA's top brass made that decision after consulting their own lawyers and liability insurance carrier.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I support the Boy Scouts. I support their decision in this matter. It' s their call and they made it and I think it was the right call.

For the record, I don't think the "No Gay Scoutmasters" rule has much to do with the specter of molestation. I think it has to do with the scoutmaster being a role model. Some parents want their sons to be exposed to the values and skills of the scouts, but do not want to endorse a gay man as a role model for their boys. Choosing role models for their children is an appropriate thing for parents to do.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    They could always start the LGBT scouts of America.
    Do your own thing, don't try to force me to do your thing!

Several years ago a group called "Queer Scouts" was formed, and what little kid wouldn't want to be part of that?? huh?? Needless to say, "Queer Scouts" didn't last long. Nothing like that ever does.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Several years ago a group called "Queer Scouts" was formed, and what little kid wouldn't want to be part of that?? huh?? Needless to say, "Queer Scouts" didn't last long. Nothing like that ever does.

Of course not, it doesn't fit the goals of these folks. They want to become mainstream instead of the fringe culture that they actually are, and they want to drag the rest of us along with them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I was a boyscout in the '60s/'70s. We had one bad-a$$ Airborn Ranger for scout leader...... We were a happy para-military troop who took no crap and took no prisoners. As the core troop of kids grew older, new younger kids joined. The times were all peace and love, the summer of love as a matter of fact. The times were a-changing and the new kids were a different breed, gentle, soft.The ranger scared the tenderfoots with his military discipline (SIR! Yes SIR!) and he was asked to resign "For the children!"...... No matter what the main core of kids wanted or thought, he was out.

Enter his replacement, a mated pair of homosexuals. Us older kids didn't know what EXACTLY was wrong but we were ALL very uncomfortable. The scoutmasters didn't openly flaunt themselves but they made no attempt to hide what they were either. It was a cultural shock, to say the least. The friction between the older boys of the troop and our "leaders" grew worse and worse as the pressure was slowly brought to bear to change or break us. One summer day at camp it came to a head and there was an incident during a hike, where the scoutmasters took it on themselves to attempt to teach one of us a lesson physically. They brought a sissy slap-fight to boys who were trained to be woodsmen by a Ranger. It ended badly. The police had to go out into the woods and release them after the troop got back to camp

Now I hope I sound bitter, because I am. After the investigation by the B.S.A. Counsel 8 scouts from First Class through Eagle had resigned, gutting the number 1 scout troop in the United States. 6 months later it disbanded. Gone. I left my Star and my Eagle, All done and ready for presentation. I left my respect for authority with them. There had been no molestation, there had been social engineering and it backfired.

Tough mean testosterone driven teenagers are not going to accept lessons on manhood from an open homosexual, at least not in my day. As the social engineering advances who knows what could become of society, but It's now the 21st century and the kids are still uncomfortable facing the fringes of society.

Anyway this is my experience with homosexuals in the boy scouts...... Take it for whatever it's worth.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why do the gays have to be so boisterous about there sexual orientation. I could care less what u like to stick your thing in just keep it at home and not in my face. Any gay person that is for "Gay Rights" is a idiot and a hypocrite. There is only individual rights and that is it. They are upset the government will not let them do what they want (marry ect...) and then they want that same government to force others to do what they do not want to do (to consider gays married ect...). Lets just get the government out of it and then each can do what ever they want and each can believe what ever they like. I feel bad for the boy scouts cause it is supposed to be about making these kids better people not about some subgroup of Americans trying to force everyone to accept what they consider there "rights". Which do not exist (there rights).

Because Heterosexuals do it too?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I was a country kid going to a small school. As far as I know, there wasn't any boy scout troop to join, even if we wanted to. A group of us boys were always out hunting, fishing, and camping by ourselves, so joining a scout troop probably would have seem superfluous to us at that time.

There was a big scout camp nearby and one summer, when they had a big scout shin-dig, we decided to join in. We got our stuff and set up camp way out in the woods beyond the camp. Then after it got dark, we went to the camp and mixed in with the scouts. There were boys there from all over and we really had a good time. We thought we were real renegades without any adults to tell us what to do (we were like 10, so it was all pretty innocent). We ate loads of hot dogs and stuff and then snuck back out to our camp after the big Indian Pow Wow they had. That's still one of my best memories.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Molestation has been an ongoing problem in the BSA for decades. They've gone out of their way to cover up the events. Having gay scoutmasters or lesbian den mothers would change nothing. The molesters in these cases were nice, upright middle class heterosexuals, not gays or lesbians.

Yes, just like churches, schools, daycares and anyplace that you have gatherings of kids you will have the potential for pedophiles. My mother-in-law is a paralegal for the State of Florida in a law office that works with kids and she made a very astute observation way back. Pedophiles are good and very practiced at putting themselves where their prey is unnoticed. The BSA has had problems with pedophiles and the ones that were caught were mostly removed and blackballed and files kept on them. There was a prosecution here and there but not much. And the prosecutions that happened were mostly brought by the parents and the BSA cooperated when required but they did not initiate any prosecutions or volunteer information. Unlike the Catholic Church, they did not keep them around and move them from place to place and they were not high profile like high schools.

I wasn't a Boy Scout for more than a few weeks, but I seem to remember the Oath said something about: "for God and Country". As I recall the various stories from Boys' Life, "God" didn't necessarily have to be the Christian or Jewish "God" because there were Muslim scouts and Hindu scouts and so on. So I suppose if you can put a Troop of scouts together whose "God" is "Eros" or "Pan" you wouldn't exactly be violating the Oath - but you'd probably be violating a number of domestic laws.

The Scout Promise:

"On my honor I will do my best, To do my duty to God and my country. To help other people at all times, To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight." The part about God and country is about doing one's duty. From inception, the primary principle's of Scouting are about duty to God and others. The Scout leaders job is to be a solid role model and mentor the boys while delivering the Scouting program.

Scouting is very generic where God is concerned. The worship services are structured so as to not lean much to any one religion while at the same time addressing God. But duty to God is always present and utmost.

I support the Boy Scouts. I support their decision in this matter. It' s their call and they made it and I think it was the right call.

For the record, I don't think the "No Gay Scoutmasters" rule has much to do with the specter of molestation. I think it has to do with the scoutmaster being a role model. Some parents want their sons to be exposed to the values and skills of the scouts, but do not want to endorse a gay man as a role model for their boys. Choosing role models for their children is an appropriate thing for parents to do.

Sex has no role or place in the Scouting program, never has. Scouting has always been about duty to God and fellow man, leadership and working with others through and outdoor scouting program. Introducing sex into the program has always been a no go and has been reason for expulsion from the beginning. Long before there was the issue of homosexuality. So, trying to use the Scout program as a means of pressing an agenda, he got exactly what he deserved and should have seen coming. Then, he probably did and wanted to play the martyr. At the expense of the boys.

*ahem*

Good. They listened to their scouts and acted as they wished them to. Don't see a problem here. If you take a stand then you should be prepared for the results, good or ill. No-one wanted him in that slot and they spoke forcefully and loud and he actually listened and did the right thing for the troop. The system worked. He was bad for the scouts.

Also, I need a video or this didn't happen.

Not sure how the purple is used here. Maybe just my mind being in a different gear at the moment. (Tax time). But the Scouts DIDN'T actually listen to the members that were polled (I was one). When they released the poll results last May, over 70% were against Gay leaders and 60%+ were against allowing openly Gay Scouts. They knew which way they were going BEFORE they put it to the vote. Before all of the hullabaloo, the policy was basically "don't ask don't tell" but they decided to knuckle under and bow to the pressure. Some leaders have made the point that in doing so they have opened the door to introducing the conversation about homosexuality into the program. EXACTLY where it does NOT belong because, as I said, sex has no place in the program.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom