• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I took my two boys to the range this morning. They are 10yr and 6yr(turns 7 in 2 weeks). This was my 10 year old 3rd trip and 2nd for my 6 year old. They both shot a Marlin model 70 with a scope.
    IMAG0409.jpg

First the 6yr old, he shot 75-100 rounds total. The first time we went he had a hard time looking thru the scope so this week I had him take a unmounted scope and look at stuff out side. This got him to understand what he is suppose to see.
    IMAG0511.jpg

This was his first 30-40 shots at 7 Yards
    IMAG0525.jpg

At 15 yards he was still hitting the target but he jerks the trigger so we are going to work on that this week.

My 10 year old, This was his 3rd trip and he shot about 100 rounds. I love watching him as the last round fires he pulls the mag, pushes the safety, and checks the chamber every time with out me saying anything. Caught my self 3 or 4 time moving to do it for him but he was already doing it.
    IMAG0513.jpg

This is his target at 15 yards
    IMAG0524-1.jpg

He moved to 25 yards but he wasn't as comfortable so moved him back to 15 yards.

For me I shot my Hi point 995TS with a Red dot sight. I am still learning how to use a red dot. I am starting to get the hang of it. I think there should be a name for the rash you get on your cheek where the face plate pinches on recoil
    IMAG0504.jpg

Each time I aim at the center, my grouping got much better but I think I need to keep working on how I hold head and line up the dot.
    First try
    IMAG0522.jpg

Second try
    IMAG0523.jpg

Third try
    IMAG0521.jpg

Fourth try
    IMAG0520.jpg

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What a small world ! You and your sons were down at the far end at Roush. I was a few stations down on your left. You talked to the range master ( Bob ) about your red dot. Next time I see you down there, I will holler out.

Great pics btw... Thanks for sharing.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    GOhard43@ I have only shot it twice and total about 50 rounds. But I really like it. I thought it would be a bit heavy but after shooting it a bit I don't notice the weight. I don't think you can find a better rifle for the price or even double the price.

XtremeVel@ It is a small world. We need to get some INGO hats or something :rockwoot:

The first of the year my wife and I talked about how fast kids grow up. So I have sold all other hobbies and plan on spending all my free time with the family. We go to the range, camping, hiking and tennis, just glad we all like foot ball with the season getting ready to start.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've got 2 boys and look forward to the first time I get to take them to the range. This makes me smile and think forward to those days. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    remember my first day at the range with my son it seems like yesterday wish i could go back , thanks for the memory, enjoy them while there young they grow up so fast .

Top Bottom