Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:

Waiting on CTC to reply.
    Hessville is "ok" not a Gary that is for sure also not a "gated community" but OK for tmp quaters since it's just the OP. Would not want to raise family in Hessville anymore however.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I agree with CTC's suggestion about Rt30 & 41 (I don't live in Hessville so I can't speak about something I don't know about).

I think the hotel (Holiday Inn Express??) right behind the Culver's at Rt30 and 41 (Schererville) is in the type of area you are looking for. It's quiet enough without being remote. There is plenty of shopping nearby that includes a Walmart across the main street. There are restaurant varieties within 3 miles that range from fast food, ethnic, steakhouse, pizza, etc. There are movie theaters within a block. The location also gives you options of going straight north on 41 towards 80/94 or heading east on Rt30 towards I65.

You have sooo many options being thrown at you right now. Take your time when you get up here and look around. Nothing says you can't change hotels once you get here. Even if you don't pick my suggestion as your first choice, check it out once you get here.

You might be close enough that the wife and I might invite you to dinner with the family some night. I know what a home cooked meal can do for morale when you are away from home. At the very least, you'll be getting plenty of NWI INGO activity invites ... I'm sure of that!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You might be close enough that the wife and I might invite you to dinner with the family some night. I know what a home cooked meal can do for morale when you are away from home. At the very least, you'll be getting plenty of NWI INGO activity invites ... I'm sure of that!

He can't go into St. John. He is not even "you people" he is WORSE and out of area people. :D Don't OC in St. John OP. They are not OC friendly and don't like strangers (ie. non-residents). A long time ago the k-mart in the town had a shoot out with some crazy guy off his meds and his rifle. Those wounds are still to fresh for them and outsiders.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I OC in st.john cause I live here... I guess I just havent ran into the wrong cop yet... even though the family name has a history here.

My cousin lives in the Hess. Says its absolutely terrible. And everytime I was in the area it never looked good....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Great! A stuck up St Johnite. :xmad:

:D

Who me? :dunno: Heck no I'm not in St. John and would NEVER buy a house there! Even if I own that annual house raffle and got a house in St. John I would rather sell it then live there. :puke:

Here is a link for you to enjoy the l-o-n-g read on what occured to Bill B while in St. John when he OCed.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2024-saint_john_indiana_not_gun_friendly.html

(Yes I just LOVE links)

The short short summary:
    Police arrested Bill B and told him "You people" when they found out he was from Hammond. So the running joke is Bill B = "You People".

--update--
    Grandma told me when she was alive I could travel anywhere I wanted in NWI but just to stay out of St. John.

I OC in st.john cause I live here... I guess I just havent ran into the wrong cop yet... even though the family name has a history here.

My cousin lives in the Hess. Says its absolutely terrible. And everytime I was in the area it never looked good....

WD are you multiplying your st. john groupies. :laugh:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD are you multiplying your st. john groupies. :laugh:

I didn't even know CTC B4Z was from St. John. (Though it does bring him up a notch in my estimation. :yesway:)

Who was Davegrave calling stuck up? I thought it was you, Jediagh ... but, now I am not so sure. :dunno:

For the record, Jediagh is an anti-St. John snob. :D

I'm not white and I've never had a problem in St. John. Then again, I don't OC (matter of preference) off my property anyway. I don't think the OP said anything about OC anywhere. He was just asking about where to stay and I extended an invite. I think he runs about an even chance of having an issue OC'ing anyplace between St. John and BP. The shootout you mentioned was twenty-five years ago (May 28, 1985) and involved a St. John native and resident.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For the record, Jediagh is an anti-St. John snob. :D

& proud of it! When we sell CA & Chicago to China I will ask YOUR PREZ to include St. John as well. :n00b: We don't need "you people" in NWI. :D

You are correct OP did not mention OC/CC. Actually he can't even had a gun if he goes to work at BP. Can't have the gun on him inside of BP and/or the parking lot as BP found some sort of exception and is under US Coast Guard control. GhostofWinter knows more about this.

So the whole OC/CC is pointless for the OP since we will be disarmed to/at/from work.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Holy cow. I just read that whole thread about what happened to Bill B. I hope I get to meet him at a meet and shoot one of these times. That dude needs a hug.

No way I would have money to defend myself like that. I guess I'm always living one wrong step away from having my LTCH revoked. What a pile of crap.

Wild Deuce, you don't have to badmouth my place of residence, I will. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wow ... and I didn't even bad mouth anyone's place of residence. I only made a recommendation. :crying:

It's not that you can say or will say anything bad its just that by association you are bad since you are from St. John. Just like not everyone in Gary is a murdering thug but by association if someone says they are from gary well...

So wear your badge with holder. You "stuck up St Johnite" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Holy cow. I just read that whole thread about what happened to Bill B. I hope I get to meet him at a meet and shoot one of these times. That dude needs a hug.

No way I would have money to defend myself like that. I guess I'm always living one wrong step away from having my LTCH revoked. What a pile of crap.

Wild Deuce, you don't have to badmouth my place of residence, I will. :D

He was at the last MEET & SHOOT and will be there again at this next one. Look for this guy (see PM).

Top Bottom