• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Has anyone seen this and or refered to it? Apparently it was released today around 3:00pm from the ATF. What are your thought on this? Mine are well simple lol the ATF considers a pistol to be fired from which ever way is possible pretty much and that they only consider the "rubber" part the brace, the AK style pistol should have a tube style setup to shoulder like the AR style pistols since shoulder firing from the buffer tube legal.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    <<<<<<< confused ^^^^^^^translation????

Sorry man I had a little to many cold ones last night with some buddy's that just returned state side. But yeah it's about what evilkid posted. Also I'm curious to see if any company's will file lawsuits to get it lifted before shot show this year as I know a lot of manufacturers will be releasing pistol style weapons with the brace already attached to attract more people.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    yeah I'm hoping they do. Honestly I don't see the need to even have a tax stamp for a SBR besides this worthless government we have wants their money. Maybe more people would have NFA items and pay the stamp price if it didn't take 6+ months to decide weather or not you can even purchase/build or own it.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Looks to me, if I read it right, that if you fire it with one hand it's ok.
    when you shoulder it like a rifle, it becomes an SBR.

file the form and pay the $200 and you can shoulder it all you want.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Looks to me, if I read it right, that if you fire it with one hand it's ok.
    when you shoulder it like a rifle, it becomes an SBR.

file the form and pay the $200 and you can shoulder it all you want.

But AR pistols with the PSB just singled out in the SBR ruling?

What if you shouldered a pistol tube with one of those squishy condoms over it? Is it still a pistol that was shouldered or does that now become a SBR too?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have thought about this also

Exactly. I read it a few days ago, and they state that it is perfectly legal to install the sig arm brace on your AR pistol and as long as you use it as intended there is no problem. The problem with that is, the gun itself is what is in question, not how you hold it. "Constructive Possession" was what they tried to call it when you own certain things that might be used to commit a crime. You own a roll of electrical tape and an empty 2 liter bottle and suddenly you are in constructive possession of making a silencer, even if it doesn't work well. A guy wrote a letter asking if a shoe string would be considered a machine gun since you can wrap it around a rifle pistol grip a certain way and make it fire full auto. The ATF responded that yes, if that is possible then possession of a shoe string would be possession of an illegal machine gun. That got reversed when they finally realized how absurd it was to claim anyone who owned a shoe string could be charged with possession of an illegal machine gun, per every shoe string they owned. Sig is already fighting them over trying to claim their muzzle break that does not reduce the sound level of a rifle at all is not a silencer. I was hoping it would be sorted out, because I really want me a Sig MPX Bearing ArmsSig Sauer Sues ATF Over Absurd "Silencer" Determination - Bearing Arms

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't see sig suing te atf over this because they didn't market it as shoulder fireable. However I do see someone else suing them because atf just totaly made up a new law basically with this ridiculous letter. This is like the British overtaxing the colonist without representation. Atf is making new laws now without congress. It's bs and time for the new republican congress to axe someone's budget!!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    From what I've read, the ATF can't make this stick because they are trying to stretch the wording of the NFA to fit this situation. The brace isn't a stock and neither are other things like Thorsden's buffer tube cover kit. They are already legally defined as not NFA items and put together does not make an SBR. There is no wording in the NFA that shouldering something that isn't NFA making it illegal. Because it isn't a physical alteration to the pistol. It isn't like you are sawing off the barrel of a shotgun or putting a short barrel upper on a pistol lower. Those are actual changes to the design and putting the brace or anything else for that matter isn't an alteration that the NFA clearly states.

Top Bottom