• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just want to throw out a few good words for Bradis gun shop.

I had some time today so I thought I would run around to a few gun shops, browse and also try to pick up some ammo. I went into Bradis this afternoon and got the usual friendly greeting.

Last night I had been reading about the Jericho line of pistols, so I asked if they had any. Now I should have gotten the gentleman's name that helped me but unfortunately I did not.

He leads me down to the Jericho's and starts telling me about them and his great experience's. I ask a load of questions because prior to the night before I knew very little about them. He answered all my questions and seemed to be genuinely enjoying schooling me. He even took the time to show me how to field strip the gun for cleaning. It was busy as usual in there and I still got all the attention I could ask for. The man went out of his way to ensure I knew enough to feel comfortable about the gun I was interested in. We ended up doing the paperwork, I also grabbed a couple of hundred rounds of .45 ACP then paid and got a firm handshake as I left feeling good about my most recent handgun acquisition.

That is pretty much how it always goes for me in Bradis. It isn't like they are just selling guns. I get the impression that everyone in Bradis is doing exactly what they enjoy and helping people to make informed decisions about a purchase is a huge part of it.

Hats off to Bradis...

PS I went back to the house to get my gear and something came up. :xmad:
    I didn't make it to the Marion County range to break in my new Jericho 941 today, maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Sounds like you got great customer service, not sure where Camby is in relation to Greenfield but I have heard a lot of good reports about them on here so I may have to look for it. Since I started coming to this site I have discovered many shops I would not have known about.

Chondro788

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    SE Indianapolis
    Bill is awesome! I usually wait until I can talk to him becuase he is so informative about all the guns. Bradis is my favorite gun shop in the Indy area, and he's a big reason why.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Yep

Bill is a great co-worker. I enjoy picking his brain about the older stuff. Glad you had another good experience at the shop. We pride ourselves at being knowledgeable and working with the customer.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You'll have to post a review! I assume from your ammo purchase, you got the .45 acp version?

Nice buy!

Yes indeed I got the .45 ACP version. And yes my intention was to break that sucker in yesterday at the range. Then again today my efforts are frustrated once again. As I have to take a elderly neighbor to the hospital. Eventually I will overcome all obstacles and get to the range and provide a range report.
    (you would think being retired getting to the range would not be so difficult :rolleyes: )

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I'll join the crowd

Sounds like you got great customer service, not sure where Camby is in relation to Greenfield but I have heard a lot of good reports about them on here so I may have to look for it. Since I started coming to this site I have discovered many shops I would not have known about.

Let me chime in and say that I love going to gun shops PERIOD (even Don's, as bad as it is). Bradis is my absolute favorite so far, they are knowledgable and super friendly and their prices aren't bad either!!!

As to where Camby is in relation to Greenfield... Head east to 465, take 465 south until you get to 67, take 67 south, Bradis is about 3 miles down on the left.:patriot:

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I stopped by bradis here about a week ago and the ammo prices were INSANELY HIGH, as in $500/1k for pmc bronze .223, corrosive surplus was just as bad 5.45 was around $200/can. No way will I pay these kind of high prices.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I stopped by bradis here about a week ago and the ammo prices were INSANELY HIGH, as in $500/1k for pmc bronze .223, corrosive surplus was just as bad 5.45 was around $200/can. No way will I pay these kind of high prices.

Not trying to be sarcastic but where in the United States can you buy ammo at a reasonable price? If you buy online you "might" find a decent deal, but when you add in shipping and that oh special handling fee it usually is just as expensive or more so than buying it at a store locally. Now if your rich and buy thousands of rounds at time and then hoard it you might come out on top.

Bradis had 200 rounds of Winchester white box for $79.95, that's $21.40 (with tax) per 50 rounds which is not bad since the world freaked out upon the chosen one ascending the holly throne last year and ammo prices more than doubled.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Not trying to be sarcastic but where in the United States can you buy ammo at a reasonable price? If you buy online you "might" find a decent deal, but when you add in shipping and that oh special handling fee it usually is just as expensive or more so than buying it at a store locally. Now if your rich and buy thousands of rounds at time and then hoard it you might come out on top.

Bradis had 200 rounds of Winchester white box for $79.95, that's $21.40 (with tax) per 50 rounds which is not bad since the world freaked out upon the chosen one ascending the holly throne last year and ammo prices more than doubled.

PMC was 300.00 per 1k at the last gun show.:dunno: I understand that bradis sells guns and seem to be paying a premium for ammo.

I cant tell you how many times I have been into bradis and havent bought anything. Its just not a store that I like. I cant explain why I feel this way, I just do.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    PMC was 300.00 per 1k at the last gun show.:dunno: I understand that bradis sells guns and seem to be paying a premium for ammo.

I cant tell you how many times I have been into bradis and havent bought anything. Its just not a store that I like. I cant explain why I feel this way, I just do.

I understand what you are saying.

I have bought more guns from Bob in Plainfield than any other gun shop. He usually has the best prices. And he will deal with you on used guns. I had actually stopped in Plainfield first last Wed. If Bob had been in I probably would have walked out with a used Ruger 22/45. But hey Bob needs some time off, he works too hard as it is.

Bradis is usually only few dollars more and they have worked deals on used guns with me before. On this trip they had something I was interested in, the price was not out of line (as far as I can tell from prices on GunBroker I got a good deal) and I got outstanding service. It doesn't get any better than that.

I went to the last 1500 and actually was on the look out for ammo. I didn't see anything at a price I thought was reasonable. But then it was so crowded it was hard to find anything at all. Time was I went to the 1500 just because I knew deals could be had and enjoyed having a wide variety of choices. My range time has been drastically reduced due to the high cost of ammo.

The best deal (and it really is no deal) I have found on ammo in the last two years was at Walmart recently. I got a Winchester 100 round value pack of 380 for $30.00. That works out to $15.00 per box of 50 which is the best price I have found anywhere.

If some enterprising young people had the right contacts and the time to invest opening a store that dealt with nothing but ammo might be a way to bring down prices. Just a thought. All I know for sure is prices are way out of control.

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    I grabbed the Jericho in 9mm from there Friday, only bad thing is I could have gotten it for $399 had i done just a wee bit more surfing... I may well get another online due to the price!!

I'll be trying her out at MCF&G as soon as the weather doesn't suck!!!

Top Bottom