• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hey, INGOers! I spent this morning at the range with fellow INGOers and Bradis guys simon6101 and shockabookoo.

I arrived at about 9:00; simon6101 had already been blasting away for about half an hour, heating up his new 870. shockabookoo arrived shortly after I did, and we set about having great fun destroying all sorts of improvised targets, including apples, clay birds and empty shotshell boxes.

sexy_gauges.jpg

Some sexy 'gauges! My Saiga-12 is being modest and hiding behind the sack of empty hulls. ;)

nasty_ammo.jpg

Some of the old, nasty ammo that simon6101 brought to shoot up. How long has it been since anyone has seen an Activ all-plastic hull (far left)? Nevertheless, everything ran just fine, with the exception of a couple duds.

kenny_870_2.jpg

kenny_870.jpg

simon6101 gets busy with the 870 that he recently refinished in a high-tech "rust-resistant hostile environment finish" (spray-on bedliner). :): Oddly enough it is VERY similar in texture to the finish Remington is currently using on their "tactical" 870s.

dave_870.jpg

Did I just catch an empty in my ejection port? :):

kenny_saiga.jpg

EVERYONE LOVES THE BIG RUSSIAN HAMMER! :rockwoot:

dave_saiga3.jpg

shockabookoo gets his War Beard on as he gets ready to cut loose with the Saiga

dave_saiga1.jpg

Muzzle blast and two hulls in the air

dave_saiga2.jpg

12-Gauge brass (or is it plastic?) rainbow :ar15:

dave_savage.jpg

shockabookoo tries out my Savage MkII FV-SR, looking very grown-up in its new Boyds Tacticool stock

dave_ruger_can.jpg

dave_ruger_can3.jpg

dave_ruger_can2.jpg

We finished off the morning with some pistol work, including running my Gemtech Outback II-D on shockabookoo's Ruger 22/45. I was shocked at how accurately this pistol shot with the fixed iron sights. It was also very quiet, even with standard-velocity ammo. I think shockabookoo got a bit of a suppressor chub. :):

kenny_MP_2.jpg

simon6101 also brought out one of those "other polymer pistols" for everyone to shoot - the now-discontinued M&P9L.

kenny_MP_1.jpg

Shooting 1" target dots off the steel plate was great fun!

dave_MP_2.jpg

shooter_MP_2.jpg

shooter_MP_1.jpg

"ehhh, not bad" say a couple of Glock guys, trying hard not to do the mental math. Gun, mags, night sights, holsters... :spend:

Much fun was had by all. Except by sjstill, who had taken ill and was unable to join us. Wussy. :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks like fun! Thanks for the pics Mark!

I always like it when the guys behind the gun counter are shooters, and not just 'sales guys'.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was planning to head out to MCF&G today as well to zero in my new PA red dot on the 15-22 ... but got caught up in the dreaded house cleaning plan my wife had. Looks like you had more fun than I did today.

And this reminds me I need to get by Bradis soon for some new toys for the 15-22.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    It was a blast

We had a great time. I am going to have to stay away from new toys. It seems that every time I hang out with Shooter I seem to add something to the must have list. Gotta get the AR finished and then decide whether I want a suppressor or a Saiga. Decisions, Decisions.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    That steel looks awesome! Lol....

Looks like fun was had by all. Wish I could have gotten out to shoot myself.

Top Bottom