• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ML ll THUMBHOLE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    PLAINFIELD,IN
    WENT INTO BRADIS ON WED AS THEY HAVE SEVERAL AR'S IN STOCK, THERE WERE TWO ROCK RIVERS I WAS LOOKING AT FOR 949.00 EACH. I WENT BACK IN FRIDAY, AND WAS ASKED IF I NEEDED ANY HELP. I SAID I CASH FOR A NEW AR, BUT THE PRICE HAS GONE UP 150.00 IN TWO DAYS. I GOT NO RESPONSE OTHER THAN YEA, THEY SURE HAVE. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT THAT LEAVES ME WITH A SOUR TASTE. I'VE ONLY PURCHASE TWO GUNS FROM THEM, BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL GO BACK. I MUST HAVE SENT A COUPLE OF HUNDRED PEOPLE INTO THAT STORE. I WILL STOP DOING THAT FOR SURE.:chillout:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If they sold the ones on the rack and then got a new shipment of them in they have to sell them for the new price.

Sucks but it does happen because dealers are getting guns in everyday and I have heard several of them complaining that the price went up again.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Probably weren't the same guns, they are busy every single day and guns come and go quickly.

Bradis is too good of a gun shop for one post like this to change my mind.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    bail out = value of $$$ = 0 everything will cost more... I spent most my money when it was worth a lil more...lol

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    OK Now

I was there when you came in and heard you asking. You were told that we just pass along what we are charged. We are moving AR's very quickly and take anything and everything from the Distributors that we can get. We either got in new ones or they came from another Distibutor. I am sorry that you were not happy with your experience at the Shop. Have a nice day!!!!!!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    This is a nation-wide issue and not one confined to just Bradis. They are a good shop, and the employees are good knowledgeable folks, but some things they can't control.

With the way ARs have been moving recently, you really have to get while the gettin' is good.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was there yesterday and they had 4 or 5 under $1000

2 DPMS Panther Lites and 2 S&W M&Ps. All gone today, along with every other freakin' thing! :n00b: Still have some Rock Rivers at ~$1099, and a lone Oly K16. Yesterday and today were insane, even by post-election standards! Guys must be getting their tax refunds already. The panic buying continues unabated... :runaway: :spend:

ML ll THUMBHOLE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    PLAINFIELD,IN
    I was there when you came in and heard you asking. You were told that we just pass along what we are charged. We are moving AR's very quickly and take anything and everything from the Distributors that we can get. We either got in new ones or they came from another Distibutor. I am sorry that you were not happy with your experience at the Shop. Have a nice day!!!!!!

I know the price of guns are going up everyday. I'm not trying to keep anyone from going to Bradis. You only have partial facts. Plus, I'm just letting you know what happened with me. not anyone else.
    When I went in there on a Wed I looked at three guns. all rock river. One of them was even being opened up and tagged. I asked why this new one was higher, was there something different. There was not, the clerk advised, sometimes the price goes up from the dealer, but was told that the lwr prices on the other guns would stay until sold. I went in on Friday in hopes of purchasing the rock river I had handled on wed. (it was still there) I've been buying guns for pleasure for over thirty years. The same exact gun was there, but now, it had a new price on a blue sticker that covered the wed price. That's when I asked about the price and what you overheard. But did you pay attention to me. I did not argue, get all pissy or anything like that, even though I knew that was the same gun. I just took in all of what happened and left the store. Again, that only happened to me.
    I know they are a good store. They would not be around as long as they have if they weren't. I'll keep looking for the right price for my first black gun. I'm sure I'll go back to Bradis after the sting wears off. I'm sure I'll need something they have. :ar15:

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Having worked @ Bradis, unless that Rock River was marked wrong from the get go (clerical error..whatever) they price guns as they come in. I know the Anna (back in the day) was way too busy to constantly check updates for gun prices.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Only 150 bucks? Don't look at Gunbroker then!

The Bushys and such I have seen in there are reasonably priced. Even the Aluminum AR mags they sell were high priced before the craze and are actually reasonable compared to ones being sold online now. For the volume they sell, they aren't bad. Hell, they still have AR lowers and have AR mags and rifles IN STOCK! More than what can be said about some stores...

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    no way to tell

There is absolutely no way for you to know that the Rock River you looked at on Friday was the same one that you looked at on Wed. We turn over our Ar-15's almost daily. I have gotten one out of the box, tagged it, walked towards the rack and then turned around and right back to the front because a customer wanted it. The owners do there best to keep the prices as low as possible. The turn over in inventory has been so rapid since just before the election that on most days the staff comes in early just to price and place out for sale. There is always going to be a price to pay for waiting to find that certain deal. With things the way they are right now we have been telling the customers that if they see something they want it will probably not be there when they come back. No hard feelings and I hope that you do come back in and shop.

blhawk1077

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    I bought one (AP4) at the 1500 from zxguns for 969 wo tax on sunday and my friend bought one at Elmores in Greenwood the next day, same gun, for 949 wo tax. I didn't feel that those were bad prices, all considered.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Hmmmmmm...

Maybe it's just me but does anybody else find it unusual the the OP that explained how bad it was is the same OP that has multipul ARs for sale in the classifieds??

I guess if you advertise that your competitor has a higher price and how BAD their politics are it helps your sales.

I love this forum and enjoy meeting many of the people from it but stuff like this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know it is a dog eat dog world but lets please try to at least be honest and fair with each other. We all share in a love of firearms that should bond us beyond those on the outside of our little circle.

Just my .02 I do not mean to disrespect the OP but I was just speaking of what I noticed.

Top Bottom