• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Is a Modsberg some type of weapon specifically crafted for forum mods? Kind of like the ban hammer?

moderator-kitteh.jpg

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I always staple the receipts to the manuals. I do not know what labor is involved or what system they are running on their computer, but if it takes an employee a half hour or more to search for the info...

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have the sales receipt at home in my filebox... Simply trying to complete a quick email and thought they would be faster than finding the receipt... I found the date myself and it sure didn't cost ten bucks..

I think that considering I bought the gun from them along with many other items it was the least they could do.. It would have taken them only a quick name search... This type of attitude is why people lose business... If I want to deal with someone who has no concern for treating their customers with a little kindness then I can buy from an online dealer or big box where I am not surprised by that treatment.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Your time is more valuable than theirs? You can't search your own records....because of ..... laziness? Convenience?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why wouldn't they store customer info on gun purchases?

Boy.. The snarky Bradis minions are strong on this forum...

Who said they didn't? It's not their job to find paperwork for you. You have no idea what is involved in finding it (guess how many sales they do per month), what sort of system they use (maybe it's archaic and hard to navigate), or what sort of time is involved in finding it.

They offered to do it for you as a service. You didn't like that it wasn't "Free"

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Is a Modsberg some type of weapon specifically crafted for forum mods?

Modsberg is a small town in central Missouri where all moderators are created, trained and turned loose on the internet.

I thought everybody knew that.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I can find records in my bound book in a minute or two. But, not all systems are computerized. I don't know about Bradis. If it's a manual process, it can take a lot of time even if you know the approximate date of purchase.

But, Bradis is under no obligation to do so for you.

Since you found the information in your own records, it certainly sounds like you were attempting to waste the time of another human being.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Not that easy

It is not as simple as a name search. If someone is asking for a receipt then we have to go to the computer and do the name search then find the receipt in the file room. Most people want a copy because they have had something stolen. Sorry you are upset about your experience but as everyone has already posted Time is money and the bosses have to pay the employees to look up your info.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Why wouldn't they store customer info on gun purchases?

Boy.. The snarky Bradis minions are strong on this forum...

90% of my purchases are from PSS and 10% Bradis ( no major issues, I've been doing business with PSS longer) and I don't see anything wrong with Bradis' response.

Top Bottom